Repeater with multiple tones listed?

jsneezy

I have a repeater in my area that I have listened to a few times, but haven't tried transmitting to, as I'm a little confused on the tones that seem to be listed. It looks like my T-CTCS setting should be 100.0, but in the description it says that the 141.3 Travel Tone is active, and a DCS code of 165N for link access, which I'm guessing is for some Nets that several of the area repeaters do at certain times during the week. Is there something I'm missing here?

Screenshot_20230430-173319.png

The DPL code is for Directed Net Operations a couple times a week. I never tried the Travel Tone. I always used the 100.0 CTCSS tones for local operations. During Net Operations, the Towers 600 repeater will also provide identical coverage to the Shaw Butte repeater and then some. Both repeaters are part of the Southwest Community Repeater System. Swcrs.org

I'm in San Tan Valley, so I'm not even sure I'll be able to actually hit the Shaw Butte repeater, but it's worth trying. I'm not sure if Camelback will be an obstacle as far as line of sight or not. I'm on a Baofeng UV-9G with an NA-771G. 

I may need to get in with SWCRS to get access to the Pinal 675 repeater as well. I programmed in the Cottonwood 675 into my radio, but I'm hearing Pinal almost daily. Especially right before their net goes live. I set up quite a few repeaters near areas that I go for outdoor activities like hunting. 

Cottonwood probably won't reach you. Give Towers 600 a try. The Shaw Butte repeater shares the same channel pair with the Mesa Repeater. The Mesa 725 repeater is not online at the moment but, will be shortly. The Mesa Repeater is part of the AZ GMRS linked repeater system.

Cottonwood definitely doesn't reach me, but it appears the Pinal repeater is on the same channel. As far as I could tell on the map, that one looks to be somewhere near Globe. I definitely hear Shaw, as I've heard quite a few people identify it, as well as a voice ID from the repeater every once in a while. I'll check out Towers 600 as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 6:58 PM, nokones said:

Cottonwood probably won't reach you. Give Towers 600 a try. The Shaw Butte repeater shares the same channel pair with the Mesa Repeater. The Mesa 725 repeater is not online at the moment but, will be shortly. The Mesa Repeater is part of the AZ GMRS linked repeater system.

I still have a lot to learn. Towers 600 and Shaw Butte are on different frequencies. How are they on the same channel?

20 minutes ago, bueller said:

I still have a lot to learn. Towers 600 and Shaw Butte are on different frequencies. How are they on the same channel?

You miss read that… Shaw Butte and the Mesa 725 repeater are on the same channel. 

I know for sure it's the Shaw Butte repeater that I hear. I could be hearing some overlap with the Mesa 725 as well, though. I do hear a call sign both vocally and by Morse code every hour when I'm monitoring. I also hear Tower 600 clear as day all the way down in San Tan Valley.