Programming Kenwood TK-880 KPG problems

WRWI306

Question

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, WRWI306 said:

Having issues figuring out how to install the KPG software. I'm stuck at the username part, does anyone know what'd be? or what to put for all 3 columns? Trying to program my Kenwood TK-880. Thanks

Capture.PNG

I’d like to suggest that you provide a new screenshot of just the dialog box.  The resolution on this one is not legible even when zoomed in.  Someone intimately familiar with the software might be able to answer your question without referring to the dialog box, but for the rest of us that would be great. 

I'm not a Kenwood expert. I use the programs once or twice a month, but I only load the programs once in a blue moon, and all the newer Kenwood stuff follows a different licensing format & procedure.

The biggest thing you will need when trying to load up the KPG software for Kenwood is the K44xxxxxxxxxxx  serial number that matches the software.  If you got the software from a legit source, the Serial Number should have been provided to you. The username is just one of your choice - Call yourself Bob, XYZ Corp, Hammy or whatever you choose.

If you don't know the Serial Number for your software, then I can't help you. My suggestion would be to contact a local Kenwood dealer & spend a few $. Others may have some different suggestions.

10 hours ago, WRWI306 said:

Having issues figuring out how to install the KPG software. I'm stuck at the username part, does anyone know what'd be? or what to put for all 3 columns? Trying to program my Kenwood TK-880. Thanks

Capture.PNG

Check your private messages for the correct software and install serial number.

6 minutes ago, WRXE944 said:

Although I do not have these radios, I installed this software once in an attempt to solve someone's problem.

What difficulties are you having with this dialog box?

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 10.41.59 AM.png

He needed the KPG-49D software for his radio. The KPG-62D was the wrong version. I sent him the right one and just got a PM saying it's installed and working now.