Issues linking my Kenwood TKR-851 to the mygmrs network.

Colin927

Question

Hello all,

I have 2 kenwood tkr-851 repeaters that I am trying to get working on the mygmrs network. I bought 2 pre made cables from mygmrs.com that interface my repeater model to the DMK URIxb interface boxes that I bought directly from DMK engineering due to mygmrs.com being out of stock. I am all new to this so it's probably something stupid. I got my 2 node numbers and a quick setup sheet to get me going. I loaded the image on an SD card and ran it, got my node number successfully setup and can see it on the Mygmrs network page as an active node. The problem is is that when I key up the repeater nothing happens on the node. I have looked up all the settings I can find and I am out of ideas. My repeater has 6 configurable pins for the TOR/COR output on the interface port and have tried all combinations I can think of. Also, is there a place that has a good tutorial on how to configure all the settings, youtube has a lot on app_rpt asterisk but nothing gmrs specific. Please help!!

Colin

WRJZ927

1 answer to this question