"Stealth" home antenna for HOA

WRXR374

Question

A patch panel is cheaper and more flexible than two coax switches connected common to common, if that’s what you’re thinking about doing. 
Correct me if i am wrong, I wouldn't be able to disconnect an antenna remotely. Didn't want to feed both at the same during transmission.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

You could do a stealth antenna placed on your roof vent of your home. They make one that does not require a ground and that would be a simple option
and have some elevation.
https://www.ruggedradios.com/products/uhf-stealth-antenna?variant=39745864433760
Doesn't work for hf. But a 5/8 mobile on a groundplane mount at the eaves came to mind.

However, it would be viewable directly from the street. Thus in violation of 2 hoa rules.

Currently, I have everything ( minus an antenna switch)for a 7 element gmrs yagi, 11 element uhf and 5 element 2m yagi. As well as a fan dipole for 40m to 6m... as well as a dx commander classic for 80-6m.

Just not the time to set it all up.

18 minutes ago, kidphc said:

Correct me if i am wrong, I wouldn't be able to disconnect an antenna remotely. Didn't want to feed both at the same during transmission.

That’s correct, with a patch panel you run coax to each antenna and then switch at the radio end like an old fashioned switchboard. That allows you to use multiple antennas with multiple radios simultaneously. 
I think I understand better now what you’re talking about. You’re trying to use multiple antennas with a single piece of feedline, using a remote coax switch near the antennas. Is that right?

Are you then switching that single coax to multiple radios at the bottom also?

31 minutes ago, kidphc said:

Take a look at the Alpha-Delta coaxial switches:

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/alf-delta-4b

While a bit pricey, they have much better SWR than the cheaper knock-offs!

I use one for 4 different radios to my VHF/UHF antenna and another for 2 different radios to my HF antenna.

Screen Shot 2023-09-28 at 8.56.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-28 at 8.59.20 AM.png

That is the plan for at the radios. To limit the amount of coax comming from upstairs. The plan is for a remote switch, for the 2m/70cm x200a, 2m/70cm yagi, the dipole and potentially a pair of moxuns on one feed line. The gmrs yagi would have its own dedicated feed line.

That’s correct, with a patch panel you run coax to each antenna and then switch at the radio end like an old fashioned switchboard. That allows you to use multiple antennas with multiple radios simultaneously. 
I think I understand better now what you’re talking about. You’re trying to use multiple antennas with a single piece of feedline, using a remote coax switch near the antennas. Is that right?
Are you then switching that single coax to multiple radios at the bottom also?
Yes sir, you got it. The alpha deltas at the shack would because of the sdr, and the fact the ft991a has a uhf/vhf port and hf port.

On 9/28/2023 at 9:01 AM, kidphc said:

That is the plan for at the radios. To limit the amount of coax comming from upstairs. The plan is for a remote switch, for the 2m/70cm x200a, 2m/70cm yagi, the dipole and potentially a pair of moxuns on one feed line. The gmrs yagi would have its own dedicated feed line.

I am not aware of all of the product offerings for remote coax switches, but most of the ones that I have seen top out around 50 MHz with maybe a couple to 150 MHz.  There are some military surplus coaxial switches that will go higher.  They require 28V and you would have to build your own switching network.

A diplexer/triplexer may provide some of the functionality that you need with a passive device.