Baofeng UV-9G

WRXZ367

Hello and welcome.

There several reasons why you may not get a response. GMRS is primarily intended for family's and friend's to stay in touch and as such many people will just ignore unwanted transmissions. Could also be that they are not in range. If they are using FRS radios they don't have as much power/range and even if they hear you and respond you may not receive them. If you are hearing traffic on a repeater channel and you are not programed for repeater use then they will not hear you. If you are programed for the repeater you may be out of range. Repeaters usually have longer range than hand held radios. It's possible that the folks you are trying to talk to are using "privacy tones" and their radios will ignore transmissions that don't transmit those same tones. That come's back to they just don't want to hear from anyone outside their group. 

Give us some more details on what you are trying.

On 7/18/2023 at 5:43 PM, Lscott said:

Need more info.

Are you trying to talk through a repeater?

I am trying to do a radio check and to join in conversation but some reason i cant be heard. I can hear them but they could not hear me. I hear a lot of chatters on 462.725, i try to transmit but they could not hear me. Please advise.

Thank you.

WRXZ367

5 hours ago, WRXZ367 said:

I am trying to do a radio check and to join in conversation but some reason i cant be heard. I can hear them but they could not hear me. I hear a lot of chatters on 462.725, i try to transmit but they could not hear me. Please advise.

Thank you.

WRXZ367

Based on where you are, the frequency you are hearing and your post on the Northwest Houston 725 repeater page where you say you hear them on channel 22. I would say you are hearing that repeater on simplex. They won’t hear you. You need to join their repeater network if you want to converse. You will need to program their tones on channel 30 in your radio which already has the needed +5 offset. Repeater channels/frequencies have an input of 467 and receive on 462. So this repeater is tx 467.725 and rx 462.725. You hear them but you are not on their input frequency and don’t have tones set to access the repeater. You can join their network here. It’s a membership linked network. If you haven’t already I would recommend you download Chirp for programming your radio. It’s easier and you’ll be able to see and understand what is going on more when you see things in this format. Good luck.