Wouxun KG-805G programming problem

WRYB560

[Although this topic already exists, since it's so old (about 3 years) it would be in bad form to continue that old thread.]

I have had this radio for a week or so, and am now trying to program it through their software and their "Painless" cable.  I can't get it to connect. 

I determined its COM port from Control Panel/Device Manager. When I tell the software to "Read from Radio" the FTDI briefly flashes, so I know that works. 

The progress bar at the bottom of the software window begins to move, but it doesn't get very far before the "Failed Connection" error message comes up.

I read the old thread about having the volume control turned up.  I powered up and down and up and down... still no connection.

Chirp doesn't have this radio listed, so unless I hear from them directly I won't dare try it.

Thoughts?

Thank you.  Been enjoying these forums!

Do any lights on the radio flash? I know with mine it took a little finagling to get the plug to fully seat in the radio due to the rubber bit that wraps around/between the 2 ports. It's been awhile since I messed with mine but I want to say the red and green lights flash when it's reading/writing.

You mention picking the port from device manager, so it sounds like windows is recognizing the cable.