UV9G REPTR PROGRAM

WRYE463

Question

Trying to program a reportepeater manually 462.675 +5 with tone 141.3 

I am put in 462.675 offset 005.000 shift + save then put in 467.675 and save nothing happens but WHT I program with chirp 462.575 it works I think I ha e not heard the Repeater give me any thing back what am I doing wrong and if any one is near this one we can try to talk and see if it is working just let me k ow the tone and I will use chirp to program then we can test thanks 

6 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, WRYE463 said:

Trying to program a reportepeater manually 462.675 +5 with tone 141.3 

I am put in 462.675 offset 005.000 shift + save then put in 467.675 and save nothing happens but WHT I program with chirp 462.575 it works I think I ha e not heard the Repeater give me any thing back what am I doing wrong and if any one is near this one we can try to talk and see if it is working just let me k ow the tone and I will use chirp to program then we can test thanks

where are you trying to program this? Are you in channel mode? If so what channel? The offset should already be set in channel mode on the repeater channels. You wont be able to transmit in frequency mode. 

1 minute ago, WRUU653 said:

where are you trying to program this? Are you in channel mode? If so what channel? The offset should already be set in channel mode on the repeater channels. You wont be able to transmit in frequency mode. 

I set it to a diy channel 32 program in frequency mode then switched to channel mode

17 minutes ago, WRYE463 said:

[...] with chirp 462.575 it works [...]

Seems like the radio is working :)

Over the years, I have made several attempts to find the calm and focus to 'front panel' / 'field' program those radios - - I failed many times.

Bottom line: For any "in case of emergency" preparation, being able to manipulate a radio on the spot is essential and I will eventually find the time to practice and practice and practice (those user interfaces are just not user friendly).

In the meantime, I use my computer and enjoy "instant" success 😇

Please also note that GMRS radios have some limitations regarding your programming abilities - they are channel locked to begin with ...

9 minutes ago, WRYE463 said:

I did not know what repeater channel was the one I needed so I just made one on the diy 32 channel 

Okay so I read your post again and 32 is 462.575. If you are trying to put in 462.675 it will be on your repeater channel/diy in locations 28 or 36 and the offset will already be in there. It is easier to see and program in chirp. Hope this helps. 

28 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

Okay so I read your post again and 32 is 462.575. If you are trying to put in 462.675 it will be on your repeater channel/diy in locations 28 or 36 and the offset will already be in there. It is easier to see and program in chirp. Hope this helps. 

Ok I will try 28 or 36 see if thag works thanks