programming radio for Indy 600 repeater for dummies question

WRYF300

hello I have got back into communications and just starting out, have my antenna mounted about 30' sadly using a baofeng to get started  But my question is I have approval to transmit on Indy 600   462.600 I have my offset correct and dpl given programmed and can see on the map I am hitting the repeater but not transmitting any sound. Am I missing a step on the programming?

WRYF300

26 minutes ago, WRYF300 said:

hello I have got back into communications and just starting out, have my antenna mounted about 30' sadly using a baofeng to get started  But my question is I have approval to transmit on Indy 600   462.600 I have my offset correct and dpl given programmed and can see on the map I am hitting the repeater but not transmitting any sound. Am I missing a step on the programming?

WRYF300

How do you know you’re not transmitting any sound?

okay I have answered my own question 

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

How do you know you’re not transmitting any sound?

Was using another radio to hear if it was transmitting. Okay I have answered my own question. I had all the information programmed correctly I'm assuming my issue is the uv5r haha I had a conversation with a guy earlier that could just barely make out what I was saying. Sitting at about 19 miles from the repeater 

6 minutes ago, WRYF300 said:

okay I have answered my own question 

Was using another radio to hear if it was transmitting. Okay I have answered my own question. I had all the information programmed correctly I'm assuming my issue is the uv5r haha I had a conversation with a guy earlier that could just barely make out what I was saying. Sitting at about 19 miles from the repeater 

Transmitting with one radio and listeniing with another radio right next to the transmitting radio is not a reliable way to determine that you're not transmitting.  The listening radio may desense and become deaf because of the proximity of the transmitting radio.