Is this statement true?

JamesBrox

Yeah, a FAQ page would be great or maybe if "some people" (not my line...lol) feel that questions being asked on this forum is beneath them and tired of answering the same old questions. Maybe those "people" shouldn't have the overwhelming desire to participate in such a not worth my time answering thread. Just a thought.

James   

WRXU693 

23 hours ago, Sshannon said:

No, if you leave out the receive tone you receive everything. Add the receive tone after making sure you have the transmit tone correct. 

Thanks but I'm looking straight at the correct TX tones on gmrs maps, inputted by the owners of these repeaters. Not following you.   

30 minutes ago, JamesBrox said:

Thanks but I'm looking straight at the correct TX tones on gmrs maps, inputted by the owners of these repeaters. Not following you.   

You must have the correct TX tone (input to the repeater) or the repeater will completely ignore you.
If you have the wrong RX tone (repeater output) you’ll never know if the repeater is ignoring you, you’re out of range, or if you’re getting through. 
By leaving the RX tone empty, you’ll hear everything the repeater transmits, which makes it easier to troubleshoot possible problems. 

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

You must have the correct TX tone (input to the repeater) or the repeater will completely ignore you.
If you have the wrong RX tone (repeater output) you’ll never know if the repeater is ignoring you, you’re out of range, or if you’re getting through. 
By leaving the RX tone empty, you’ll hear everything the repeater transmits, which makes it easier to troubleshoot possible problems. 

Well, like I said, I'm pulling this info straight off gmrs map. The owners put in the information, I do not...I just put what they say into my radio. My original question was vague.....my apologizes to the gmrs senate counsel. Bottom line, I gather.....RPT RX PL tone and TX PL tone is the radio's TX PL tone and RX PL tone. Just swop the info you see on map.    

Also, what repeaters? The known repeaters in my area I have programmed or running scan on RPT 15-22 (23-30)?

4 hours ago, JamesBrox said:

Well, like I said, I'm pulling this info straight off gmrs map. The owners put in the information, I do not...I just put what they say into my radio. My original question was vague.....my apologizes to the gmrs senate counsel. Bottom line, I gather.....RPT RX PL tone and TX PL tone is the radio's TX PL tone and RX PL tone. Just swop the info you see on map.    

Also, what repeaters? The known repeaters in my area I have programmed or running scan on RPT 15-22 (23-30)?

Let us know how it goes, please. 
Edited to add: I apologize if you feel like I’m not trying to help you. Your statement below made me think that maybe you didn’t understand the point of leaving the RX tone clear in your radio.  I was just trying to explain why it works.  It’s just another tool to help diagnose problems:

Leave out the RX tone? Then I won't be able to comm on the programmed RPT stations....why would I want to do that?

19 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Let us know how it goes, please. 
Edited to add: I apologize if you feel like I’m not trying to help you. Your statement below made me think that maybe you didn’t understand the point of leaving the RX tone clear in your radio.  I was just trying to explain why it works.  It’s just another tool to help diagnose problems:

I appreciate the patience. Ok, I'll take out the RX tone on my radio of the known/programmed RPTs in my area and see what happens. Thanks