Compatible mobile gmrs radio.

WRWJ387

Good afternoon,

I'm fairly new to gmrs. I have 2 baofeng UV-9Gs. I have had them for about 6 months, anyway, the question I would like feed back and suggestions on, is there a mobile gmrs radio that I can put in my truck, and still be able to communicate with the 2 UV-9Gs. I have seen a radio or 2 that states they are compatible with all gmrs hand helds. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. I was also able to help some motorcycle guys riding in the mountains last weekend, that were lost. The distance was probably 10 miles as the crow flies in mountains,  heavily wooded, and steep terrian..great little radios. 

27 minutes ago, WRWJ387 said:

Good afternoon,

I'm fairly new to gmrs. I have 2 baofeng UV-9Gs. I have had them for about 6 months, anyway, the question I would like feed back and suggestions on, is there a mobile gmrs radio that I can put in my truck, and still be able to communicate with the 2 UV-9Gs. I have seen a radio or 2 that states they are compatible with all gmrs hand helds. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. I was also able to help some motorcycle guys riding in the mountains last weekend, that were lost. The distance was probably 10 miles as the crow flies in mountains,  heavily wooded, and steep terrian..great little radios. 

There are several mobile GMRS radios.  Any of them will work with the UV-9G radios.  You just have to tune to the same channel.  If you set a CTCSS tone on one you have to do it on the other.

6 hours ago, WRWJ387 said:

Good afternoon,

Coincidentally, someone started a topic a couple of days ago for just such a question as yours. Enjoy, and if you have any questions, ask away!