KG-1000g Issue

StreetMedic03

Question

I have a KG-1000g that has been mounted in my truck for about a year (purchased in July, installed in August 2022).  I recently noticed that it wasn’t receiving any transmissions on the “B” side but “A” was functioning normally.  If i put “A” and “B” on the same channel, “A” would show that its receiving a transmission with audio coming through the speaker but “B” showed that it wasn’t receiving and no audio.  I first did some testing with a handheld on simplex and found that it is transmitting on “B” just fine but not receiving transmissions.  I tuned “B” to an NOAA frequency and it was receiving that great so it’s obviously capable of receiving and not a speaker issue.

While further troubleshooting, “A” was set to GMRS CH-21 and “B” was set to the NOAA Frequency, I could continue hearing the NOAA transmission but when attempting to do a radio check with my handheld on “A”, the KG-1000 could receive on “A” but not transmit. I had to get “B” out of VFO and back onto a GMRS frequency in which case “A” would go back to normal.

I contacted BTWR to try and troubleshoot further:
Write default file provided by them to radio - No Change
Factory Rest - No Change
Connect the remote faceplate using shorter cable - No Change

It was at this point that they told me that they didn’t know what was going on and since I was about a month out of warranty, nothing they could do.  Anyone else encounter this issue or have any ideas?  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet