Baofeng GM-15 Pro software

Guest Noel

3 hours ago, WSCC339 said:

FWIW, you can flash the UV-13 Pro (Amateur Radio version of this radio) onto the GM-15 PRO and it removes the odd channel formatting.

Not sure what you are saying here, but in my experience the CPS code plugs created for my UV-13Pro, get corrupted when I open them up in my Pofung UV-15, which is a clone of the GM-15Pro.

7 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Not sure what you are saying here, but in my experience the CPS code plugs created for my UV-13Pro, get corrupted when I open them up in my Pofung UV-15, which is a clone of the GM-15Pro.

I think he’s saying to install the firmware for the UV-13 Pro into the GM-15 Pro, and then you would be able to load configuration files created with the UV-13 Pro.

On 10/8/2024 at 8:26 AM, SteveShannon said:

I think he’s saying to install the firmware for the UV-13 Pro into the GM-15 Pro, and then you would be able to load configuration files created with the UV-13 Pro.

Pretty sure that's what I did.  I don't think I used pv-15 software afterwards.  I'll crack open the laptop later to confirm and type out the steps I took.  Sorry! Didn't mean to cause more confusion.