Is there a way to copy/paste blocks of channels at a time with the KG-Q10G software?

WRFH675

1 hour ago, WRFH675 said:

I want to move about 25 channels in the 75-99 block to the 200-224 block. But I can't seam to figure it out. I can't even copy/paste one single line at a time, let alone all of them at once.

I've tried using the keyboard shortcuts as well as the in-software copy/paste buttons. 

I have the ham version of this radio and while I haven't used the manufacturer software you can do what you are looking to do with the beta they have in Chirp.  Chirp is currently working on the software for the KG-Q10G along with the KG-Q10H and you will be able to do this with Chirp. Here's a link to their progress.

I don't have the Q10G but I do have or have had just about every other GMRS radio Wouxun makes. I have never found a way to do what you are looking to do in any of the Wouxun programming software. I tried for a while to get CHIRP on my very old windows 7 laptop. I finally gave up. As a side rant I sure wish you could copy and paste from one version of their software to another but you can't do that either, not even between the 935G and the 935G Plus. Good luck! The Q10G looks like a fun radio.

A little more info on loading the Beta in Chirp.

First open newest version of Chirp and select load module from the drop down menuimage.jpeg.ac594ae78eecddd1311b173c37ed9459.jpeg

enter the number for your particular models issue number (number assigned to new model from Chirp developer). In the example I used the number for the Q10H.  

image.jpeg.31b90a13e7eec71aaaef776e9e15a7f7.jpeg

Then select your model as you would in regular Chirp and you should be able to download from your radio. Keep in mind it's a beta version and all that goes with that...

7 hours ago, WRHS218 said:

I don't have the Q10G but I do have or have had just about every other GMRS radio Wouxun makes. I have never found a way to do what you are looking to do in any of the Wouxun programming software. I tried for a while to get CHIRP on my very old windows 7 laptop. I finally gave up. As a side rant I sure wish you could copy and paste from one version of their software to another but you can't do that either, not even between the 935G and the 935G Plus. Good luck! The Q10G looks like a fun radio.

I don't have the Q10G either, but what Computer/OS do you use in your everyday work/pleasure; since I doubt it is Windows 7.

CHIRP is available on multiple platforms, including Mac.

4 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

I don't have the Q10G either, but what Computer/OS do you use in your everyday work/pleasure; since I doubt it is Windows 7.

CHIRP is available on multiple platforms, including Mac.

I am retired and actually do use Windows 7 on an old Lenovo laptop. We don't have anything newer that isn't a chromebook. I just keep laptop around for radio stuff. I will eventually have to get something newer. I am not a computer person although I used them for the last 30 years of my working career. The last time I used an Apple product was in 1991 and it was a MacIntosh all in one computer (toaster Mac).

I downloaded the Q10G software so I could take a look around but so far have not been able to make it work on my machine.

Apologies in advance that I'm hijacking this thread just a bit.  But since you all appear to be experienced with the programing of this model...

Does anyone have experience programing the Q10G with a 3rd party cable like the Mirkit?

Or is it best to stick to the official Wouxun PCO-001 with this model?