Tall Hickory Repeater 600

Scoutdad57

Anyone know what is going on with this repeater? it's located in Huber Heights, Ohio. It's listed twice on mygmrs.com. Both listings show the same frequency and tones, but they show different owners. I used to be able to hit the one shown owned by WRUX822 on my HT with a stock antenna, but now I can't hit it.

Just now, Scoutdad57 said:

Anyone know what is going on with this repeater? it's located in Huber Heights, Ohio. It's listed twice on mygmrs.com. Both listings show the same frequency and tones, but they show different owners. I used to be able to hit the one shown owned by WRUX822 on my HT with a stock antenna, but now I can't hit it.

There’s a bug (in my opinion) with the site software that allows anyone to claim ownership of a repeater by registering it as “My Repeater.” This has happened numerous times, presumably by accident when people try to designate a repeater as one they favor. 

On 11/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, Scoutdad57 said:

Hmm, I'll have to try and see if I can hit it from my mobile. HT from my place would be pushing it. It used to have a voice ID'er on it, come to think of it I haven't heard that in a while.