Medford Rogue Valley

andyp

Question

6 answers to this question

Corey, thanks for the reply, with my experience with ebay I'd rather build one then trust someone to be honest about what they are selling, I'v had a couple bogas sellers with electrical items, Thanks again Andy WQTQ562

Not sure where you would pickup used radios, controller and duplexer other then eBay. I have been buying and selling on eBay for years, if something was not as listed as a buyer you have lots of protection as long as you conduct the transaction in eBay and use PayPal. 

Andy

I have bought gear, repeater w/duplexer, mobiles and old Astro Saber portables all from eBay, excellent experience (Used Radios.Com) and was not sorry.

We sell used and new radio gear on eBay and pride ourselves in doing right by the buyer. That doesn't mean there are people out to take advantage. What I see more of is people selling gear with no idea what they have or are selling, VHF radios that are really 800 mhz radios and visa versa. Look at the model ID's and research the actual ID to what the radio is, BatLabs if getting a Motorola, Google other models. A seller should be showing the model ID so you know what you are getting or at the least list the model.

If you are ripped off eBay is always in favor as is PayPal of the buyer and not the seller.

You could check with radio shops in your area and see what they have, but many will just toss them or move them to a liquidator and avoid the hassle of selling used gear and deal with the buyers sometimes over-inflated expectations (I know the Motorola shop in our area stated as much).

Ebay's rules and policies greatly favor the buyer. If someone feels they got ripped off, it's likely that they did not follow through with Ebay's procedures for that sort of thing.

I have 6 Motorola mobiles and 5 Motorola portables that I purchased on Ebay. All of them were at least as good as the seller represented them if not much better. But, I did my homework and knew exactly what I was looking for. If the seller doesn't furnish all the info I want to see like model number, serial number, more than one or two pics plus affirmation that the radio works and that the codeplug is not password protected, then I ignore the listing and move on. Fully 75% of satisfaction on  purchases on Ebay is the buyer's ability to tell the good from the bad. You can not blame the sellers for all of the problems. Just read some of the negative feedback that buyers try to foist on sellers.

Ebay's rules and policies greatly favor the buyer. If someone feels they got ripped off, it's likely that they did not follow through with Ebay's procedures for that sort of thing.

I have 6 Motorola mobiles and 5 Motorola portables that I purchased on Ebay. All of them were at least as good as the seller represented them if not much better. But, I did my homework and knew exactly what I was looking for. If the seller doesn't furnish all the info I want to see like model number, serial number, more than one or two pics plus affirmation that the radio works and that the codeplug is not password protected, then I ignore the listing and move on. Fully 75% of satisfaction on  purchases on Ebay is the buyer's ability to tell the good from the bad. You can not blame the sellers for all of the problems. Just read some of the negative feedback that buyers try to foist on sellers.

I could not have said this better myself!