Correct way to enter DCS/CSTSS codes.

muthabord

Hello all. New here and learning every day.

I have a question about how to correctly enter, in my case, repeater DCS codes, but in general how to translate the codes from sites like myGMRS.com. If I want to add a repeater and the TX/RX Tone is listed as 205 DPL. Do I understand correctly, according to the chart below, that is the same thing as a DCS code (34 or D205N). Do I enter the tone as 34 or D205N or does it matter?

Likewise for CTCSS codes. If a code is listed as 173.8 PL. If I am correct that's the same thing as CTCSS code 32 or 173.8?

FYI, I have a Wouxun KG-Q10G and  Baofeng GMRS-9. 

Thanks

IMG_1953.JPG

PL, CTC, CTCSS, are all the same.
DP, DCS, DTC are all the same.

USUALLY a DP/DTC/DCS tone is "N" (Normal) unless specified as "I" (Inverted)

In your example D205N = 34 on your chart.  If your radio only allows you to enter the 2 or 3 digit numbers (34) then that is what you enter on the radio.  MOST radios like the KG-Q10G allow you to choose the actual CTC/DCS tone (ie; 141.3 or D023N) - you dont "enter" it, you choose it from the list in the DCS TX or RX menu setting.

21 minutes ago, muthabord said:

Hello all. New here and learning every day.

I have a question about how to correctly enter, in my case, repeater DCS codes, but in general how to translate the codes from sites like myGMRS.com. If I want to add a repeater and the TX/RX Tone is listed as 205 DPL. Do I understand correctly, according to the chart below, that is the same thing as a DCS code (34 or D205N). Do I enter the tone as 34 or D205N or does it matter?

Likewise for CTCSS codes. If a code is listed as 173.8 PL. If I am correct that's the same thing as CTCSS code 32 or 173.8?

FYI, I have a Wouxun KG-Q10G and  Baofeng GMRS-9. 

Thanks

IMG_1953.JPG

DPL is just another name for DCS or even DTCSS. 

PL is just another name for CTCSS.

Not all radios use the same numeric designation for either DCS or CTCSS, so you’ll have to look at the manual for your specific radio. For some radios you choose a numeric designation; for others you actually choose the code. 

Same for CTCSS; for some you choose a numeric designation and for others you select the actual frequency from a list. 

Yes, in the list you included 32 denotes DCS 205N. (There’s also inverted codes which would be like 205i). I don’t know how either of your radios require them to be entered, but the menu probably only allows one way or the other.  Just try it.