Radio show on GMRS? Or interference?

arn

Today I was driving through Franklin Lakes NJ, when I drive I usually leave my 935g+ on scan because it's cool to pick up conversations. As I was driving I picked up channel 20 with what at first I thought was a conversation but I realized it sounded more like a radio show. It was a guy talking about New years eve in NYC and then it switched to a woman talking about something else. Im not sure if this is a common thing, maybe its interference or some dude listening to the radio with ptt held down.

Everything is possible (even things that are not following the rules 😎)

Well established and long running Ham nets often include longer contributions and some participants' transmissions might sound like broadcasts.

However, jumping into ongoing conversations can lead to impressions that might not be 100% correct ...

In any case, I am glad that you are scanning and enjoying the airwaves !!!

On 12/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, arn said:

Today I was driving through Franklin Lakes NJ, when I drive I usually leave my 935g+ on scan because it's cool to pick up conversations. As I was driving I picked up channel 20 with what at first I thought was a conversation but I realized it sounded more like a radio show. It was a guy talking about New years eve in NYC and then it switched to a woman talking about something else. Im not sure if this is a common thing, maybe its interference or some dude listening to the radio with ptt held down.

i heard it as well