462.675 (CH20 RP) Overlapping Santiago Peak in Orange County, California

WRWY236

Located within the Fullerton area and often use the Santiago Peak repeater (CH 20). Today I was monitoring it and it sounds like there is an another repeater overlapping the Santiago Peak repeater. The RP that is overlapping, people are not saying their call signs at all. As well I don't see any repeater within the area on mygmrs.com on that frequency. Never really had an issue, but whatever this repeater is, no one is identifying with call signs and been saying slurs. Does anyone know what repeater it is? Can't really filter them out since Santiago peak doesn't have a RX filter and they're transmitting nonstop. 

7 minutes ago, WRWY236 said:

Located within the Fullerton area and often use the Santiago Peak repeater (CH 20). Today I was monitoring it and it sounds like there is an another repeater overlapping the Santiago Peak repeater. The RP that is overlapping, people are not saying their call signs at all. As well I don't see any repeater within the area on mygmrs.com on that frequency. Never really had an issue, but whatever this repeater is, no one is identifying with call signs and been saying slurs. Does anyone know what repeater it is? Can't really filter them out since Santiago peak doesn't have a RX filter and they're transmitting nonstop. 

Are sure it's a repeater and not some fools doing simplex on 462.675? Also there's a couple of other repeaters in Orange County and one in Chino on that frequency pair. I'll listen to it on my way home today and see if I hear anything. I work in Lake Forest, but I live in Fullerton. Also, I think if it's the repeater I'm assuming it is, Santiago Peak has a  tone on the output so you could set it on your radio as well. 

2 hours ago, WRWY236 said:

So I listened for about an hour between 4 and 5 PM and I did hear some chatter on 462.675. No call signs were heard, and the conversations were not really family-friendly. I also heard roger beeps, but because I could sometimes only hear one side of the conversation, it wasn't a repeater. To be fair, 462.675 is shared with FRS so it's not unusual to hear simplex activity with no call signs. I hear the Covid shot clinic a half mile away from my house, and I'm forever hearing preschools and restaurants on FRS as I drive down the freeway.

24 minutes ago, WRQC527 said:

So I listened for about an hour between 4 and 5 PM and I did hear some chatter on 462.675. No call signs were heard, and the conversations were not really family-friendly. I also heard roger beeps, but because I could sometimes only hear one side of the conversation, it wasn't a repeater. To be fair, 462.675 is shared with FRS so it's not unusual to hear simplex activity with no call signs. I hear the Covid shot clinic a half mile away from my house, and I'm forever hearing preschools and restaurants on FRS as I drive down the freeway.

Supposedly it’s a repeater jumping around repeaters different frequencies. It’s definitely a repeater cause it has the tone at the end of each transmission. It’s definitely not simplex. Does anyone know the output tone for Santiago peak? Hate hearing other traffic from others, especially that repeater right now. Like you said not friendly conversations on that frequency from that rp

48 minutes ago, WRWY236 said:

Supposedly it’s a repeater jumping around repeaters different frequencies. It’s definitely a repeater cause it has the tone at the end of each transmission. It’s definitely not simplex. Does anyone know the output tone for Santiago peak? Hate hearing other traffic from others, especially that repeater right now. Like you said not friendly conversations on that frequency from that rp

Here's the website for the Santiago Peak repeater. It's a private repeater and I'm sure they would frown on me posting the tones here.

https://www.crestcommunications.org/