Help with programming...

Richardlandrover

57 minutes ago, Richardlandrover said:

Hopefully someone can help me.  I have a Baofeng UV-5R and I want to clone the channels to a UV-5G Plus.  I upload the 5R channels to CHIRP, but I can not download it back to my 5G Plus.  How can I do this?

Can you link me to the 5G+ software, so I can download it and play with it a bit? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Richardlandrover said:

Hopefully someone can help me.  I have a Baofeng UV-5R and I want to clone the channels to a UV-5G Plus.  I upload the 5R channels to CHIRP, but I can not download it back to my 5G Plus.  How can I do this?

When you are drowning in the ocean before we can send a rescue ship, here is a lifesaver to help you in the meantime.

This is based upon an UV-5R Chirp file for another drowning soul:

Step 1: Open your UV-5R file in Chirp

Step 2: In Chirp, go from File to Export to CSV and save the file with an appropriate name.

Step 3: Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel

Step 4: Using Cut and Insert Cut Cells move the following Rows so that they align with your Baofeng UV-5G+ software: 

Location, Frequency, rToneFreq, Offset, cToneFreq, 

Step 5: GMRS Repeaters are always +5 MHz Offset, so for bonus points, you can create a new Row named Tx Frequency and in the topmost cell for Row E (Tx Frequency), insert the formula: = B3 + D3 RETURN and the populate the formula by copying cell E3 to the remainder of Row D.  Then you can cut and Insert Cut Cells to move the Offset Row to a later point in the spreadsheet and now have a Tx Frequency Row instead.

Otherwise, when the time comes, you can just manually adjust the frequency Up 5 MHz, such as 462.550 to 467.550.

Step 6: Go to Row B in Excel in the first GMRS Repeater you can to move over and copy its contents - Rx Frequency. Then paste it in the appropriate cell in Baofeng

Step 7: Repeat Step 6 for Rx CTS/DCS, Tx Frequency and Tx CTS/DCS

Not the greatest solution, but a solution nevertheless.

GOOD LUCK!

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 8.23.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 8.03.40 AM.png

Ignore Row 2 in the Spreadsheet and Rows 31 and 32 in the Baofeng software.

7 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

When you are drowning in the ocean before we can send a rescue ship, here is a lifesaver to help you in the meantime.

This is based upon an UV-5R Chirp file for another drowning soul:

Step 1: Open your UV-5R file in Chirp

Step 2: In Chirp, go from File to Export to CSV and save the file with an appropriate name.

Step 3: Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel

Step 4: Using Cut and Insert Cut Cells move the following Rows so that they align with your Baofeng UV-5G+ software: 

Location, Frequency, rToneFreq, Offset, cToneFreq, 

Step 5: GMRS Repeaters are always +5 MHz Offset, so for bonus points, you can create a new Row named Tx Frequency and in the topmost cell for Row E (Tx Frequency), insert the formula: = B3 + D3 RETURN and the populate the formula by copying cell E3 to the remainder of Row D.  Then you can cut and Insert Cut Cells to move the Offset Row to a later point in the spreadsheet and now have a Tx Frequency Row instead.

Otherwise, when the time comes, you can just manually adjust the frequency Up 5 MHz, such as 462.550 to 467.550.

Step 6: Go to Row B in Excel in the first GMRS Repeater you can to move over and copy its contents - Rx Frequency. Then paste it in the appropriate cell in Baofeng

Step 7: Repeat Step 6 for Rx CTS/DCS, Tx Frequency and Tx CTS/DCS

Not the greatest solution, but a solution nevertheless.

GOOD LUCK!

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 8.23.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 8.03.40 AM.png

Ignore Row 2 in the Spreadsheet and Rows 31 and 32 in the Baofeng software.