Odd issue with Tidradio TD-H3.

WSAA635

Question

I now have 2 of these since they're pretty handy little radios and I've ordered 2 Clear ones to use for my Airband Radios. Anyway, I was swapping the one I had set for Airband scanning over to GMRS and some of the frequencies that I would upload (especially in memory slot 33) wouldn't show up OR channels that I would delete in CHIRP Next would still be there after upload to the radio. Not sure what's going on. I did a reset to try and clear things and I did manage to get the GMRS channels install then manually delete the DPS channels that were in the totally wrong memory slots but I'm not sure why they keep showing up or won't delete without manually doing it on the radio. Has anyone else notice anything like this?  I really love this little radio, I'd hate to think it has something wrong with it so soon. Thanks.

10 answers to this question

So has no one else had this issue? Do ya'll think it's a CHIRP issue or an H3 issue? If I could do a firmware upgrade I wonder if it would fix this problem? I'll have to see which firmware version I have and if there's a newer version available. 

Well, I have had one annoying problem..After programming on chirp and uploading back to the radio my power level mysteriously goes to low power even after I programmed all channels to high..  I end up using the radio menu to change everything back... Other than that, no other problems..

On 3/2/2024 at 8:23 PM, Santiam said:

Well, I have had one annoying problem..After programming on chirp and uploading back to the radio my power level mysteriously goes to low power even after I programmed all channels to high..  I end up using the radio menu to change everything back... Other than that, no other problems..

I have the exact same issue as i type this.  I have to go through each entry manually to change the power settings.  I am also having issues with channels 31 and 32 not showing up in the radio.  They are there in Chirp as repeaters but no go.  It will take it if I enter them manually, but it's a pain.  

11 hours ago, MohawkMike said:

I have the exact same issue as i type this.  I have to go through each entry manually to change the power settings.  I am also having issues with channels 31 and 32 not showing up in the radio.  They are there in Chirp as repeaters but no go.  It will take it if I enter them manually, but it's a pain.  

I have since learned that on chirp, "M" is actually high. By switching from M to H, we are actually changing from H to L..

Now that I have that figured out life is easier and no more problems.. I do like the radio and it is putting out a tad over five watts..

I had the same problems I think CHIRP is using a lot of the same programing between the 5W H3 and the 10W H8.  What I found is low is 2.5W medium is 5W and high is probably 10W on an H8?  Since there is not a "high" mode for the H3 medium is the 5W mode.  I switched my high power stations to medium from high power in CHIRP and sure enough I now get 5W . 

Programing channels I noticed that if I delete everything by selecting all the channels, right click and select delete, upload all empty channels, then paste the channels or reload my config file and program it again and it all worked out.  It's like there is some phantom programing or a delete does not completely delete almost like a dos hidden file lol

J