Baofeng GM-15 Pro Programing in a Repeater

I'm new to this site and Grms radios also.  I just purchased two Baofeng GM-15 Pro Radios, and I would like to program in a repeater near me.  The instructions are not helpful, if anyone could give me some guidance I would be very appreciative.

Thanks WSBQ679

6 minutes ago, WSAZ351 said:

I have input tone and output tone how do I know if they go in DCS or CTCSS? I know RX =input and DX =output (I think) but that's as far as I can get. 

Thanks

Jerry 

I’ve got my GMRS license, I have a repeater close by, and I asked if I could use the repeater, which was accepted. I’ve watched many YouTube videos on how to program a repeater, but none of them have the beofeng gm-15 pro So honestly, I don’t even know where to start, and the manual isn’t helpful at all. Just reaching out for any help I can get, I’m located in Fredonia, New York, and the repeater is in Ellery New York.

3 hours ago, WRXB215 said:

What have you tried so far? Where exactly are you stuck?

I’ve got my GMRS license, I have a repeater close by, and I asked if I could use the repeater, which was accepted. I’ve watched many YouTube videos on how to program a repeater, but none of them have the beofeng gm-15 pro So honestly, I don’t even know where to start, and the manual isn’t helpful at all. Just reaching out for any help I can get, I’m located in Fredonia, New York, and the repeater is in Ellery New York

With GMRS, there are certain things that are consistent across the board.

• It is a channelized service with a set of repeater channels.
  • The repeater channels use duplex(TX and RX on different frequencies). TX=transmit, RX=receive.
  • These frequencies are already programmed into a GMRS radio.
  • Most repeaters use tones to open up the squelch.
  • You must use the tone given (RX on the repeater, TX on your radio) otherwise the repeater will ignore you.
  • You do not have to use a tone for RX on your radio. Indeed, you should leave it out until you have everything else working.

Given this, look at your manual and programming software and see if it is starting to make sense.

20 minutes ago, WRXB215 said:

With GMRS, there are certain things that are consistent across the board.

• It is a channelized service with a set of repeater channels.
  • The repeater channels use duplex(TX and RX on different frequencies). TX=transmit, RX=receive.
  • These frequencies are already programmed into a GMRS radio.
  • Most repeaters use tones to open up the squelch.
  • You must use the tone given (RX on the repeater, TX on your radio) otherwise the repeater will ignore you.
  • You do not have to use a tone for RX on your radio. Indeed, you should leave it out until you have everything else working.

Given this, look at your manual and programming software and see if it is starting to make sense.

The manual is basically garbage. 

What I don't know is where to enter the squelch tone number. The only thing I can figure out is RX-DCS or RX-CTCSS??? Or is it somewhere completely different? 

DCS is digital, CTCSS is analog. They both accomplish the same thing. Tones that have a decimal (even if that decimal is zero) are analog(CTCSS).

If you see a tone like D723N it is DCS Normal. D723I would be DCS Inverted. Inverted isn't use much.

When a repeater has a tone set on it's RX, it will squelch out any signal not carrying that same tone. Therefore, you have to put that same tone in the TX of your radio so that the repeater will acknowledge your signal and repeat it out to others.