Wouxun Q10G - no CB reception?

My Wouxun Q10G receives weather on WX channels but doesn’t receive anything on CB Channels. I haven’t tried to transmit yet but even when I go to the freeway to listen to truck traffic, I receive nothing! When I bought it, I understood it was already programmed for CB channels and when I turn it on, it appears to be programmed for those channels but I still hear nothing! When I look at some of the forums, I see guys asking about programming their Wouxun Q10G radio’s. I have another radio (TYT TH-8600) that I’ve programmed and never hear any GMRS channels on it from my home and I know it receives just fine because I use GMRS channels on it when I ride in Side by Side groups – so trying to see if I can receive GMRS on this radio from home won’t tell me anything as I’m not planning on riding with those groups anytime soon!

Should I be looking at programming software – or -- how do I fix it on my Wouxun Q10G!