Repeater Permissions

I have requested several repeaters and No one has responded to the request? Is this Normal.. I have sent a second one asking for help with one repeater and nothing. 

I am looking at a sacramento Repeater and got approved but so far i have not been able to hear anything on said repeater.. 

Yes.. Many repeater owners list their repeater then vanish.. Many also specify that it is an open repeater or that anyone can use it and dont bother replying..

If the tones are listed you can usually start using the repeater and ask for permission over the air, or just use it and wait until someone asks you to stop using it.. 

A "No Reply" to me is a NO.  when owner have replied to me with an email or notice I I print it out and file it with my GMRS information for use at later date as I might need it during my travels. 

I really don't fret about a No Reply.  It is solely their equipment and I regard their action to be OK too.