MURS Simplex Repeater !

If you’re referring to WROY767 his license was granted on 12/31/2021 and good to 12/31/2031.

He also seems to be located in the middle of an extensive linked digital Ham repeater network too being located in Venice Florida.

https://ni4ce.org/nxdn-digital-communications/

7 hours ago, Lscott said:

If you’re referring to WROY767 his license was granted on 12/31/2021 and good to 12/31/2031.

He also seems to be located in the middle of an extensive linked digital Ham repeater network too being located in Venice Florida.

https://ni4ce.org/nxdn-digital-communications/

The license that was cancelled was for WRCY315, the call sign associated with the MURS repeater for which the listing was referenced.

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=4127197

So let me ask the group about this…
Using a MURS channel as part of a Crossband system.
I , I mean “A Friend”  would use 151.xxx on a vehicular repeater (commercially produced for this purpose) which is physically connected to a GMRS base. 

Why on earth would e want to do this?
Can’t use a UHF HT, Need a base station to work the GMRS repeater I am a part of.  Want to be able to walk around the house (yard, etc) with a VHF HT on .5w and talk.
This isn’t a Parrot and it’s a repeater but not a MURS repeater  
The equipment is type-certified  This setup is in practice nationwide in commercial and municipal situations.  So if my example is not “legal” is it “illegal” strictly based on the frequencies being used?
Thoughts?

Not legal. You are cross banding between two entirely different radio services . You can't do that.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

On 9/7/2016 at 6:48 PM, WQYC236 said:

Did anyone happen to notice that only the input frequency is a MURS channel?  The output is not MURS and is a public safety frequency.

Interesting post and repeater.

On 9/6/2016 at 3:06 PM, wrodina said:

I wonder where the line is drawn for the "repeaters are not allowed" on MURS frequencies. I could set up a repeater but not use it, or I could use someone else's repeater that I had nothing to do with setting up. Is it the person who set up the repeater who would be at fault, or the transmitting station? Because in all fairness, I wouldn't expect to be activating a simplex repeater on a MURS frequency if I were transmitting.

Anyway, here's a group who's none too shy about their MURS repeater: http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/detail.asp?rid=32221&ln=WB9VR_repeater_information_on_151.880_in_Monee,_Illinois

So it's definitely a thing. Probably a handful or more of them out there, and I'd bet it's not at all worth the FCC's time to go on a fox hunt.

In the very early days of MURs, repeaters were legal. 

However, that was quickly rescinded by the FCC because people ran with it and the situation was making the intended use of MURS impossible.

Was kinda stupid on the part of the FCC to have overlooked that in the first place, especially when one is talking about an unlicensed service. IMHO

Remember that what is now MURS 4 and 5 were originally "color dot" BUSINESS BAND frequencies. Licensed (business service) radios were permitted 5W. Putting up repeaters on those channels could have led to lots of interference reports.