TIDRADIO H8 Issues

nanaroo

Question

Apologies if this somehow got posted twice.

Disclosure, I am completely new to GMRS and the H8.

I attended a free class put on by a local group and have successfully programmed the radio. I've performed a couple of radio checks on local repeaters.

However, I have a couple of things I haven't figured out.

1. Flashlight doesn't seem to work. Pushing the button below the PTT button is supposed to turn it on, but it does not. I think it worked initially when I was playing with the radio to learn about it. Is it possible I reprogrammed it? Is the button even programmable?
  2. NOAA reception - I don't any reception at all it seems. It is possible I am just in a poor location for it, but I was tuned to the correct NOAA frequency while driving and never picked up anything. The NOAA frequencies are preprogrammed. Do I need to change a setting?

1 answer to this question

If you use their bluetooth program, you can customize the two side buttons (long and short press) and the top button (also long and short press)   for a total of 6 settings.   Not a whole lot of options to choose from, but you can include NOAA, flashlight, FM broadcast radio, monitor, and a few others that way.

Try long and short presses of each button, and maybe that way you can find the light.   Also, if you discover the NOAA button, remember that they have a number of freqs that you will have to scroll through to find the one nearest you.