Retevis RA25 Mic gain adjustment?

WRUW493

Question

I see in the Retevis RA25 features list on Amazon that it has the ability to adjust the mic gain. But I don't find it anywhere in the settings or in the manual or in the Retevis programming software. Has anyone figured out how to set this?  (I have UTV and want to lower the mic gain to not pickup so much engine noise).

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Background: I have no personal experience with the Retevis Ra-25, however I do have much experience with the Anytone AT-779UV and the Radioddity DB20-G, both of which are clones of the Ra-25, with the possible exception of how CPS software is implemented and which is not relevant to your question.

I know of no way to adjust the microphone gain on these radios.

However, some have suggested that the small mic hole above the 2 & 3 keys on the Mic may not be in proper alignment with the internal microphone and that by opening up the case, this can be adjusted.

Since I have no reports of low audio on either of my two of these radios, I will not be opening the microphone case at any time soon.

But if you are so inclined to do so, let us know how it works out for you.

NOTE: Perhaps this is a secret feature of the Ra-25 and not the other two.  If that is the case and you discover a solution again, please let us know.

Menu 15 adjusts TX compander. 
Menu 16 is for RX compander, or noise reduction. I would play with them both to see if they help. They use gain control to perform their their actions. 

Interestingly to me the Retevis radio includes a menu 14 Scramble. The manual for the DB20G skips from 13 to 15. 

Thanks for the input. This looks interesting. It seems that Menus 16 and 16 have only On or Off choices. I'll play with them to see what they do.  I now have a second RA25 on the way which will go in our UTV. So I'll have two identical radios to see how they behave with these settings talking to each other.