What is "Tuning step" in chirp??

18 minutes ago, Gnarlykaw said:

I dont remember this column a couple of months ago??  5.0, 12.5, 25???  is this the same as wide and narrow band on radio??

No, I think it’s going to be the increment of change in frequency when you are in VFO mode and go up or down in frequencies. 
It isn’t relevant for GMRS. 

3 minutes ago, Gnarlykaw said:

So, it makes NO difference of any value thats placed in it?

Yes, it makes a difference if you are in VFO mode and going up or down in frequency.

It is not relevant to transmitting on GMRS but it is relevant for receiving frequencies in VFO mode..and tuning up or down in frequency.

10 minutes ago, Gnarlykaw said:

So, it makes NO difference of any value thats placed in it?   This column just came up in the lastest build.  interesting fact though, those values coinside with either narrow band or wide band.....   5 or 12.5....

I didn’t say that it makes no difference. As Randy said it can definitely make a difference in receiving.
Also, remember that Chirp is used for many different radios used in different services and the table of data used by Chirp must have a slot for more information than just what’s needed for a GMRS radio. 

It really depends on the radio features and how they’re implemented. 

And yes, especially for amateur radios that do not have defined channels, the step size should coincide with the bandwidth of the transmission. 

At least that gives you an adjustable stepping ability.

My County Comm GP-5/SSB receiver has only two modes I can figure out.

Turn the tuning wheel fast, it advances 5 Mhz, slow turn its 1Mhz. and no way to direct input a freq.

I need to dig online and find the manual though, I might be wrong.

.ccgp5.thumb.png.2c56d4e6cc3caed38bc14c46dc4d7604.png

1 minute ago, WRXR255 said:

At least that gives you an adjustable stepping ability.

My County Comm GP-5/SSB receiver has only two modes I can figure out.

Turn the tuning wheel fast, it advances 5 Mhz, slow turn its 1Mhz. and no way to direct input a freq.

I need to dig online and find the manual though, I might be wrong.

.ccgp5.thumb.png.2c56d4e6cc3caed38bc14c46dc4d7604.png

5 MHz fast and 1 MHz slow?  How did you get 28.300 MHz? Or did it start at 0.300 MHz?

1 minute ago, Sshannon said:

5 MHz fast and 1 MHz slow?  How did you get 28.300 MHz? Or did it start at 0.300 MHz?

My display has no "." so its showing 28300 kHz... I screwed up the MHz / KHz its showing - dont have my glasses right now.

Just now, WRXR255 said:

My display has no "." so its showing 28300 kHz... I screwed up the MHz / KHz its showing - dont have my glasses right now.

So it really changes 5 kHz on fast and 1khz on slow, right?  That probably takes forever to sweep from one end to another. 

1 minute ago, Sshannon said:

So it really changes 5 kHz on fast and 1khz on slow, right?  That probably takes forever to sweep from one end to another. 

Yeah, but I did find the manual online so I hope its settable.  Its a funky radio for sure.  Those tiny buttons, Arr!