Frequency Question

n2877

Question

When scanning I came across 462.620 with people talking on it. Ive tried to get on that frequency but to no avail. I can't seem to find it when I search for it. any ideas to what I'm doing wrong or maybe they just don't like me for some reason. Is this possible a GMRS frequency? thanks for any help

4 minutes ago, GizzardGary said:

As I understand it, using narrowband presents its own issues, especially on a repeater.

It does. One of the issues not really mentioned is the narrow band results in a low audio level. The level might be below the point where the repeater can recognize the access tone. This issue is repeater dependent. When than happens everything looks OK but you can't bring the repeater up to use.

Chalk it up to another cheap Chinese Radio POS that can't get it right and is off freq. causing problems. Typical Chinese junk. That frequency is definitely not an allocated freq. 

I'm noticing more and more $18 Chinese junk POS from Amazon being used by people on Jeep runs these days. You can always tell when they key up their Bowwangers.

Also, I'm sure that some people don't know how to program their Bowwangers for  narrowband channel operation and that is contributing to some of the comm. problems.

Well, gotta go load up for another Jeep Trail run for today.