DB25G Radioditty

WSBZ498

Question

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, WSBZ498 said:

Hello all, recently bought this gmrs radio. Programmed a repeater on 462.725 on a separate memory channel, also on channel 22 same thing just static. On my other base unit this does not happen, I’ve tried it in two separate vehicles, same thing. Any advice?

22 isn’t a repeater channel. It doesn’t transmit on 467 MHz main channels.  Go to 23-30 (or 22RP if that’s how your radio shows it.

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

22 isn’t a repeater channel. It doesn’t transmit on 467 MHz main channels.  Go to 23-30 (or 22RP if that’s how your radio shows it.

I think the point being made there is that whether it's on the repeater channel on 22 (call it RPT22 if you wish) or on 'normal' 22, he's getting blown out by static. Which makes sense... the Rx doesn't change on the radio b/w those 2.

Have you tried turning the squelch setting all the way up? It's an SOC radio so it probably won't change much, but it's worth a shot. What's the "other" radio you've tried? It may have better filtering on the front end to avoid getting blown out by whatever's causing that interference.

1 hour ago, amaff said:

I think the point being made there is that whether it's on the repeater channel on 22 (call it RPT22 if you wish) or on 'normal' 22, he's getting blown out by static. Which makes sense... the Rx doesn't change on the radio b/w those 2.

Have you tried turning the squelch setting all the way up? It's an SOC radio so it probably won't change much, but it's worth a shot. What's the "other" radio you've tried? It may have better filtering on the front end to avoid getting blown out by whatever's causing that interference.

But if you looked at his picture it clearly showed GMRS22. That's not RPT22. Second, he didn't say he was getting "blown away by static." In fact what we hear sounds like someone is transmitting digitally on the channel. And finally there's no reason for squelch to not work on an SOC radio.