GMRS illegal transmission (Data or Encryption)? Video

cdesigns

I have been testing my new mobile radio and while scanning the GMRS channels I found this transmission on 462.6250mhz . Everytime I pass thru that area, I hear it. The signal is kinda weak because I can only hear it close to that intersection where a lot of factories and store are. I have hear that type of comunications before but Im not sure what its, I plan to inform the FCC about it but I was just wondering if you recognize this type of transmission?

https://youtu.be/XwbzP4qPEy0

The signal is very clear when its "transmitting" my ht also picks the signal perfectly, I say weak because about 1 mile away I cant hear it, so it must be a low power system and this are not baofeng radios that Im using, both are Vertex Standards I doub its a filtering issue. To my understanding you are not allowed to use trunking or data on gmrs, if the rules have changed, I will not hessitate to use APRS on my gmrs radios. :D

Sounds like intermod from 800 Mhz. Trunking system data channel coming in on the 1st harmonic. Radio isn't filtering it out. Nothing can be done. No violation.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not constitute actual fact.

Dallas County REACT has intermod from an 400MHz trunking system every now and then, not too bad but it does get annoying. Seems like the same situation there.

Sounds like TRBO or P25 to me.....

I just saw a video on youtube and heard how TRBO sounds thru an analog radio and yes, its identical. the signal is very solid when keyed in and the "data sounds" are identical. 

I will investigate a little more tomorrow. and take my spektrum analyzer with my to see if its indeed a GMRS frequency or close to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a video on youtube and heard how TRBO sounds thru an analog radio and yes, its identical. the signal is very solid when keyed in and the "data sounds" are identical. 

I will investigate a little more tomorrow. and take my spektrum analyzer with my to see if its indeed a GMRS frequency or close to it.

I would not doubt it being TRBO at all.We have a generation of people the rules do not apply to...William