Looking for CHIRP *NEXT* New Program for older WIN 7

LimaKilo

Question

14 answers to this question

HELLO! A pleasure to chat with you, I SO love your videos and have taken many notes. This guys step by step video is PERFECTION for us noobs and what I need, but he does not have the download for win7.

I have the same issue.  Win7 computer and cannot install CHIRP next.  I can install the legacy version but it doesn't work with the TF-H3 radio.  Install doesn't go and says needs Win10 to be installed.

I have the same problem - even talking with bf - they told me to send the radio back to the seller and get one from them for the OEM software

I might as well be talking to my cat. Legacy version does not work (I'm trying to get software for a UV21 for amateur radio) The GM21 OEM

software works good but does not recognize the UV21. 

I'm sick and tired of having to upgrade my systems because MS excec's need new gold faucets in the boardroom bathroom.

42 minutes ago, WRQI663 said:

I have the same problem - even talking with bf - they told me to send the radio back to the seller and get one from them for the OEM software

I might as well be talking to my cat. Legacy version does not work (I'm trying to get software for a UV21 for amateur radio) The GM21 OEM

I'm sick and tired of having to upgrade my systems because MS excec's need new gold faucets in the boardroom bathroom.

This project is worth keeping an eye on it. Still not ready for prime time but it's getting closer.

https://reactos.org/#

And if you're thinking about dumping Windows for Linux but still need to run Windows software then this project might be of interest to you.

https://www.winehq.org/

58 minutes ago, WRQI663 said:

I remember when they said that Win10 was going to be the last Windows platform.  That it was going to just be continuously upgraded but that was it.

Then they announced Win11.  And like you said, I guess the old Ferrari needed to be replaced because the ashtray was dirty.

1 hour ago, WRQI663 said:

19 minutes ago, LeoG said:

I guess the old Ferrari needed to be replaced because the ashtray was dirty.

Don't get me started. 😠

10 minutes ago, LeoG said:

I remember when they said that Win10 was going to be the last Windows platform.  That it was going to just be continuously upgraded but that was it.

When they figured out the money stream would dry up after the market reached saturation with Win10 they had to obsolete it and force people to upgrade again. Then there is the required hardware issue crap too.

I installed Win10 on an old AMD dual core PC because Kenwood blocked supporting their license manager app, KPT-300LMC on anything older. The only thing I need it for is install feature licenses to the few NX-1300 radios I own. The programming software for those radios is hacked so I don't need the license manager to activate it. All the other radio software I have works fine on Win7 Pro. I'm going to move all that to Win10.

The win10 system was installed using an "activator" app. I'm not blowing money on a license for Win10 now when Microsoft is going to EOL it next year.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

This is the first time I've run into EOL on Win7, Chirp next.  Otherwise it's been pretty happily chugging along.  Some of the symbols on the internet don't show up right anymore.  The little magnifying glass that represents "search" now can show up and a letter combination "fl" for some odd reason.

9 hours ago, LeoG said:

I have the same issue.  Win7 computer and cannot install CHIRP next.  I can install the legacy version but it doesn't work with the TF-H3 radio.  Install doesn't go and says needs Win10 to be installed.

My radio buddy has the same issue: uses Win 7

i picked up a couple of 2014 Mac Minis for $60 each from a High School Robotics team that finished their project. 

I took one and installed Windows 10 into Bootcamp and sent it to him for about $15 USPS Priority Mail. 

He is very happy!

I started looking around for a pad that had it on it.  For about $100 or so you can get something.  Now I figure EOL is coming up soon and wanted to get one with Win11.  But they aren't giving those away like the Win10 ones.

My wife's computer is Win10, but she doesn't like me playing on it.