How are you notified by FCC

Guest Toby

22 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

I know it’s popular to bash government agencies, but the vast majority of employees I’ve dealt with have been extremely conscientious and sincere in wanting to help.

In agreement mostly here.  The downstream joe blow in most cases does their job well, but its the top management driving roughshod over what they are there for and mission creep is why we bash them, and call them out on it.  Heck, Its in most Americans DNA to be distrustful and watchful over those GOV agencies as it should be.

I mean, the Board of Education department has its own, internally ran and funded SWAT team...  WTF?

3 AM no knock raid because Jhonny was tardy yesterday for school.

29 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

IRS, 

In person, very easy to deal with the Aunt IRiS crew (AKA the IRene Simpson people - old fraud case ref.) . Easy on the phone if it was direct dial to specific agents, 27 years as a Corp. & Fiduciary Tax Accountant gave me ample occasion to work with them. Generic calls to the old 800-1040 number were a crap shoot as to how it'd go!

8 hours ago, SteveShannon said:

I’ve also had great experiences with the FCC Helpline, and I’m able to find my way through ULS, but it’s certainly not intuitive.
I’ve also had great experiences dealing with ATF (both as a 40 year former FFL and in meetings with leaders because of rocketry), BLM, IRS, and FAA.  I know it’s popular to bash government agencies, but the vast majority of employees I’ve dealt with have been extremely conscientious and sincere in wanting to help. 

I'll admit, I've had great experiences with EPA. I'm shocked at how helpful and responsive my contacts have been for the last 4 years. Believe it or not, they became a lot more efficient when COVID forced them to work remotely. Their updated protocols, at least for my interactions/dealings, went from 10 days to 2 to 3 hour turn-around time for reviews and approvals.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, WSEF841 said:

Just posting what I went through for future GMSR-ers.. 

Finished the online maze and paid the fee on Thursday.
Looked myself up with my FTN in the public GMRS search (Hyperlinked) and had a callsign Sunday.
Tuesday early AM received an email from the FCC.

That's perzackly my experience. I paid the fee on Friday the 16th, looked up with my FTN on Sunday and voila! There it was! Still waiting for that email, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NotARubiksCube

After getting my GMRS permission slip 2 days ago, on unrelated business had to give feedback on National Highway Institute’s horrendous website. I told them “at least it isn’t as bad as FCC’s website.”