Motorola model MT350R

trixiet

Question

5 answers to this question

13 hours ago, trixiet said:

Will the MT350R work with repeaters? If so, how d I set It up to work?

The MT350R was sold as a combination GMRS and FRS radio before the FCC changed the rules for both services.  Some channels at that time were GMRS only and some were FRS only. As such, it was marketed as a combination GMRS/FRS radio.   I think I still have a couple Motorola walkie talkies similar to those and a couple similar Midland radios that claim five watts.

But it was never programmed to transmit on the repeater input frequencies, the 467 MHz  Main Channels, or with an offset, so while you’ll be able to listen to repeaters you’ll not be able transmit to them.

They are still usable with your GMRS license or using them as FRS radios, just not on repeaters. The good news is that there has never been a time when more inexpensive GMRS were available. 

I know this wasn’t the question, but….

This Motorola seems pretty basic. I just picked up a pair of the new Midland MXT67 Pro walkie talkies and they seem ideal for someone looking for repeater use, but with a relatively simple menu system. Mine will go to family members that aren’t radio nerds.

Note: you’ll need Midland’s own programming cable to name the channels. I’m waiting on restock to get one.

2 minutes ago, Hoppyjr said:

I know this wasn’t the question, but….

This Motorola seems pretty basic. I just picked up a pair of the new Midland MXT67 Pro walkie talkies and they seem ideal for someone looking for repeater use, but with a relatively simple menu system. Mine will go to family members that aren’t radio nerds.

Note: you’ll need Midland’s own programming cable to name the channels. I’m waiting on restock to get one.

Wow that’s a load of money for a hand held.  Waaay out of my budget for an ht.  Not even my base stations cost that much. I’ll never understand how much simpler a radio needs to be, My 6yr old grand kids use all my radios just fine from the $20 boof wangs to the wouxon hts to the base units and truck units.