Comparison between Wouxun KG-UV9PX and the Wouxun KG-10H Radios

Guest Scott KF9BQK

Guest Scott KF9BQK

Can someone please give me the comparison of the Wouxum UV9PX and the 10H radios?

Appreciate it very much.

I have a KG-UV9GX and the KD-Q10H.  
I like the Q10H display MUCH better.  I have some color blindness and the display's almost infinite color choices help a lot.  Also displays more characters each row.  The Q10H can also set the PTTs so the top PTT button is always for the top frequency/channel displayed.  The UV9GX cannot do that.

A friend has the KG-UV9GX and the KG-Q10G. I have the KG-Q10H. I have used/compared the UV9 series with the Q10H/G models. Nothing wrong with the UV9 series radios but I do prefer the Q10H/G radios for the same reasons that @JBRPong stated.

You won't go wrong with either. And I can say that all of the Wouxun hand held radios I own or have used are better than any of the Baofeng radios I own or have used.

I don't own a Q10H, I do have a 9PX. I would recommend either. The 9px you can only get from bsr and it comes preprogrammed with about 900 memories in it. The Q10H is newer model with more features like GPS, but you will need to enter your own memories. I don't think you can go wrong with either IMHO. My 9PX is my EDC and it works fantastic.

I have both the UV9PX and the Q10H and I feel they are both good radios. Dispite the tri band vs quad band here are a few things I like about each. 

What I like about the UV9PX.

if you plan to scan a lot it has faster scanning. I like that if I am monitoring two channels and I here a transmission I can look at the radio and there is an indicator that tells me if it was the upper or lower display that receaved the last transmission. It's also a bit more in wattage. 

What I like about the Q10H.

As mentioned the display is better. I like having the upper and lower PTT (note while it didn't come set this way you can set these so the top is always the top display and the bottom is always the bottom display) it makes it easy to not transmit on the wrong frequency by mistake. It's rated IP67 so it's good for going outdoors. I also like how solid it feels. I have dropped it pretty hard and not a scratch. It has room for more characters when naming channels. I have yet to really use the GPS other than testing but if that's somthing that appeals to you the Q10H has it.

To sum up, if I'm in my kitchen or out in the garage and listening to a couple of local repeaters while otherwise engaged I'll use the UV9PX so if a call comes in I can easily see which repeater it was so I can respond. If however I'm taking the dog on a hike or going to the lake or off-roading than the Q10H is what I'll grab. Hope this helps you decide what your needs are and which radio to get.