Help

Guest Rodrigo wscf455

Guest Rodrigo wscf455

Good Evening I recently purchased three radios and I would like to know how can I set my radios to talk I'm having difficulties programming them and I wander is there someone in the gmrs world that can assist me 

20 minutes ago, Guest Rodrigo wscf455 said:

Good Evening I recently purchased three radios and I would like to know how can I set my radios to talk I'm having difficulties programming them and I wander is there someone in the gmrs world that can assist me 

1. Make sure they’re turned on and on the same channel.

2. Clear out any tones from all of the radios.  You might have to read the manual for this. 
3. Give one radio to a friend or sweetheart. Have them go to the other end of your house or yard.
4. Push the largest button (usually the top) on the left side of one of the radios. 
5. Start talking. 
6. Your friend or sweetheart should hear your voice. 
7. If not, come back with some details about the radios. 

On 6/24/2024 at 6:02 PM, SteveShannon said:

6. Your friend or sweetheart should hear your voice. 

Reminds me of a line in a WWII movie I saw. A bunch of pilots sitting around drinking, one of them lifts his glass and says "Here's to our wives and girlfriends... May they never meet!"

On 6/25/2024 at 2:24 AM, OffRoaderX said:

Geezus...

A truly 'SAD HAM' answer.  Just in GMRS. 

Hams do this all the time to new guys that don't know anything.  At least the SAD HAM's do by your definition of SAD HAM's.

Just go make another video about his question and link him to it.  Then you can get paid more.   After all you ARE the GMRS mouthpiece.  Your vast knowledge and experience with GMRS should be shared and all will benefit from it.

Could always direct him to your AI Chat bot and have it answer for you.  I mean that's what it's for right? 

A truly 'SAD HAM' answer.  Just in GMRS. 
Hams do this all the time to new guys that don't know anything.  At least the SAD HAM's do by your definition of SAD HAM's.
Just go make another video about his question and link him to it.  Then you can get paid more.   After all you ARE the GMRS mouthpiece.  Your vast knowledge and experience with GMRS should be shared and all will benefit from it.

Could always direct him to your AI Chat bot and have it answer for you.  I mean that's what it's for right? 

Really? I disagree. The OP didn’t care enough to register here first, indicating he may not even be licensed. He didn’t provide any information about his equipment either, so we’re supposed to be clairvoyant and solve his issue through the power of kindness? I think not.

The OP’s comment is indicative of the very problem in our society today; people expect to be coddled and don’t think for themselves. OP could read the manual that came with his radio. He could provide more information if they expect a helpful reply.

That you choose to dump on Randy suggests you’re kinda 10-ply yourself.

The OP simply struck me as someone who didn’t know much about radios yet. They might only have a couple FRS radios which don’t require licenses. With no license they could not register. 
That’s not necessarily an expectation to be coddled. The OP just didn’t know what they didn’t know and let’s face it, many of the manuals for the least expensive radios are nothing better than poorly translated lists of menu functions rather than a how to get started resource. 

The OP simply struck me as someone who didn’t know much about radios yet. They might only have a couple FRS radios which don’t require licenses. With no license they could not register. 
That’s not necessarily an expectation to be coddled. The OP just didn’t know what they didn’t know and let’s face it, many of the manuals for the least expensive radios are nothing better than poorly translated lists of menu functions rather than a how to get started resource. 

Maybe so, but the lack of any useful information deserves some ridicule.

1 hour ago, Hoppyjr said:

Really? I disagree. The OP didn’t care enough to register here first, indicating he may not even be licensed.

They actually included their license in the header, so great deduction there. People aren’t required to join to ask questions. After such a warm welcome maybe they are less inclined to join. What a load of crap given for someone seeking help, why would they even come back. Gee isn’t that why Randy decided not to get a ham license. Not everyone is operating at the same level, understanding or perhaps even ability.

Randy once said there is no such thing as a Sad GMRS but clearly he is wrong. 

1 hour ago, SteveShannon said:

No it doesn’t, unless you’re one of those who feels better about himself when ridiculing others. 

We agree. 

4 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

They actually included their license in the header, so great deduction there. People aren’t required to join to ask questions. After such a warm welcome maybe they are less inclined to join. What a load of crap given for someone seeking help, why would they even come back. Gee isn’t that why Randy decided not to get a ham license. Not everyone is operating at the same level, understanding or perhaps even ability.

Randy once said there is no such thing as a Sad GMRS but clearly he is wrong. 

We agree. 

The OP did register an account. He just didn't use it to ask the question. Nevertheless, just asking for more information to add clarity to the question is a reasonable response. No need to make it rude. "Help us to help you" is not an attempt to be rude, it's trying to draw the OP into understanding why we're asking for more information.

image.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, WRQW589 said:

The OP did register an account. He just didn't use it to ask the question. Nevertheless, just asking for more information to add clarity to the question is a reasonable response. No need to make it rude. "Help us to help you" is not an attempt to be rude, it's trying to draw the OP into understanding why we're asking for more information.

image.png

image.png

Or he registered after making the post, but that wasn’t my point. At no point did I say “help us help you” was what was rude. I was commenting on people being rude to OP for not having given more information to begin with and then saying they deserved to be ridiculed. I completely agree that asking for more information is valid and you will see I liked the post that did this. 

47 minutes ago, Hoppyjr said:

Nonetheless, it’s good that we have the manners police here

Well you got me there. Meanwhile the poor guy that made the initial post has as all of this to wade through which I felt was unfortunate when reading this thread.

47 minutes ago, Hoppyjr said:

I don’t see it

image.thumb.jpeg.6eb625c1943fabcc4a79a9b2c88312b4.jpeg

For whatever reason I do. Anyway I hope OP isn’t discouraged and gives us more info so we can actually help. Cheers.