Sharing Channels Between Wouxun 935G Plus and 1000G Plus 

CALO50

Question

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WRDU469 said:

You can export your data from one radio in a format like CSV and then import to the other radio using that format. Copy and paste works but if you have a lot of data, I use import and export functions. BTW I use both of these radios.

RT Systems looks promising. A couple of questions...

If I had RT Systems software for each radio, is it possible to copy and paste common fields in the app from one radio to another, without having to import via a CSV file?

Will the Wouxun OEM cable that connects the radio to the computer work with the RT Systems software?

1 hour ago, CALO50 said:

If I had RT Systems software for each radio, is it possible to copy and paste common fields in the app from one radio to another, without having to import via a CSV file?

Will the Wouxun OEM cable that connects the radio to the computer work with the RT Systems software?

Yes, you do need two versions of the software (one for each radio). But this is how I do it. The OEM cable does work with it. That is what I use.

36 minutes ago, WRDU469 said:

Yes, you do need two versions of the software (one for each radio). But this is how I do it. The OEM cable does work with it. That is what I use.

I just watched a couple of their videos and copy & paste of all channels at once is possible. The software automatically deals with the data field differences, to the extent possible. I'll order and give it a try.

2 hours ago, CALO50 said:

Yes, RTSystems is careful to use a common table structure for their data editors, but why not use the CSV file capability?

8 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

Yes, RTSystems is careful to use a common table structure for their data editors, but why not use the CSV file capability?

I might try the CSV method, however the video I watched was impressive and appeared to eliminate the extra step of needing to create a CSV file and uploading.

1 hour ago, SteveShannon said:

Successfully completed an en masse copy and paste of all channels from one RT Systems radio app to another. Worked perfectly. The software is totally worth the money.