Retevis RB91 Digital Repeater

6 minutes ago, pl4tinum said:

ve experienced duplex grunge testing an RT97S with a Nagoya UT-72 antenna which is about 15 feet of PL-259.  I believe that coax is a copper clad aluminum center and copper clad aluminum braiding.  After releasing PTT there would be a low pitch screech which would sometimes continue activating the repeater for a few seconds.

PL-259 is simply the connector, also referred to historically as the UHF connector.  The actual cable type should be marked on the jacket of the cable.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:46 AM, SteveShannon said:

PL-259 is simply the connector, also referred to historically as the UHF connector.  The actual cable type should be marked on the jacket of the cable.

Well that's embarrassing, I must have been typing too fast and not paying attention.  The coax on the UT-72 is RG-58A/U which I believe is tinned copper for the braid.

1 minute ago, pl4tinum said:

Well that's embarrassing, I must have been typing too fast and not paying attention.  The coax on the UT-72 is RG-58A/U which I believe is tinned copper for the braid.

I’ve certainly typed similar brain farts. Don’t be embarrassed. 
But one thing to be aware of is the power attenuation that happens at GMRS frequencies in RG-58A/U. It’s not insignificant as something I wrote recently was corrected.