Accessing the repeater

WRYT720

Which, of the thousands of listed repeaters are you referring to?

Irregardlessly of which repeater you want to use, the basic steps are to request-access to the pacific repeater you wish to use. The repeater owner will then "approve" or deny your request and send you the TX and RX tone and channel/frequency.. 

IF the repeater you wish to use is "open", then no request is necessary and you should see all the info you need on the pacific page for the pacific repeater you want to use.

IF you meant something else, please elaborate.

1 hour ago, WRYT720 said:

I have the frequency 462.550 Elkhart, and the the tone but trying to figure out what dpl. I have the dpl but it’s not working

If you have the tone, you shouldn't need to figure out anything. It either uses DPL or PL (or DCS or CTCSS). How are you checking, and how do you know it's not working? What is / isn't it doing? Are you sure you have line of light to the repeater? Are you close enough?

On 8/25/2024 at 12:22 AM, WSDV608 said:

Wow that slide rule. That was my first calculator I used in electronics school at time when digital calculators were hitting or just about ready to hit the market. And they were expensive.

Looks like my old Picket.  The HP-35 was $400.  Too rich for my blood, so I went for the TI SR-50 for $150.

Looks like my old Picket.  The HP-35 was $400.  Too rich for my blood, so I went for the TI SR-50 for $150.

At the start of my EE degree many decades ago I went with the relatively new HP-25C — highly recommended (at the time) for its reverse Polish notation and programming capabilities….

Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.