Welcome!

rdunajewski

@WSFA358 for liking a comment, just hover over the circle with a heart in it and it will display the different "reactions" to choose from.

For repeaters, do a search, there is already a lot of info. After that, if you still have trouble, then ask a specific question and you will get plenty of help.

6 minutes ago, WSEZ468 said:

I’m another new guy checking in! Looking forward to learning about GMRS and repeaters and of course radio programming! Glad to be here!

Welcome to the group. Lots of knowledgeable people here. Somebody is likely to have the answers you're looking for. Remember there are no dumb questions here, just a lack of knowledge that learning will soon correct.

Yep I'm a newbie. Very new. I do have fun with SDR ( Listening to seminole county P25 system, looking at near by TPMS info, Someones weather station somewhere, and a door sensor somewhere open/close, etc etc) I really like the idea of GMRS. I picked up two cheapy cheapy Baofeng GM-15 pros. they get about 2- 2.8 miles around the here. I have attempted to setup repeater info on three repeaters, but I think I'm to far away for any of them to pick me up. But hey! Howdy to everyone from Seminole COunty Florida!

Jim

31 minutes ago, WRKS933 said:

Yep I'm a newbie. Very new. I do have fun with SDR ( Listening to seminole county P25 system, looking at near by TPMS info, Someones weather station somewhere, and a door sensor somewhere open/close, etc etc) I really like the idea of GMRS. I picked up two cheapy cheapy Baofeng GM-15 pros. they get about 2- 2.8 miles around the here. I have attempted to setup repeater info on three repeaters, but I think I'm to far away for any of them to pick me up. But hey! Howdy to everyone from Seminole COunty Florida!

Jim

Hey welcome to gmrs.  Try a 771 antenna for the hand helds.  They seam to double the milage at least for me.  But it really depends on line of sight.