Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama
  • GMRS Callsign:WRCM718
  • Ham Callsign:KU4FL

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

It is inevitable that high performance Part 95 equipment will cease to be manufactured.

Actually it already has. Unless Alinco or Icom steps up to the plate and gets some of their Part 90 equipment certified for 95a, I don't know of anyone making high performance 95a stuff.

AFAIK the currently produced Kenwood, Vertex and Motorola are not 95a accepted, and since Motorola now owns Vertex and I'm hearing that they're going to shut them down, no help will be coming from that quarter either.

#22 BoxCar

BoxCar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationArden, NC
  • GMRS Callsign:WRCM737

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

The claim Moto is shutting down Vertex goes back to the acquisition date. It's more like some product lines have been shut down and other products migrated to the Moto brand more than the brand going away. That doesn't mean it isn't in the works, just not in the near future from discussions I have had with reps from Moto corporate.

Old and wise infers you were once young and stupid

#23 WRAX891 (Jerry -Parma -OH)

WRAX891 (Jerry -Parma -OH)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationParma, Ohio
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAX891
  • Ham Callsign:W8KDG

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

Forgot about this thread, lol. I’ve been just using the amp for amateur (have a 220 one also), while looking at picking up a Kenwood Mobile GMRS unit soon. Have a 1/4 wave 450-470 MHz antenna outside that works fine (low SWR, ok receive). Might get a Kenwood GMRS HT also and just give the GMRS-V1 to brother. Family members were wanting to use it too since they are covered under my license...

#24 Wentbig

Wentbig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRDK220

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:17 AM

I actually use the Btech Amp U-25 with a midland mxt275 gmrs Mobile. The midland only gives off 15 watts under normal use
With the amp I can get a full 40 watts use out of the mobile.

#25 Wentbig

Wentbig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRDK220

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:18 AM

I also have Midland 275 and very unhappy with range 1 or 2 miles on high power.
Did the amp add any range?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users