#21 JohnE

JohnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Locationthe Empire State

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

took it all down today. had one of the "kids" take it down, he needed the experience and it took forever.

• Logan5 and bud like this

Powered by Kenwood, Motorola, EF Johnson,Cresend  Milcom and Henry

#22 bud

bud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNYC and Vermont
  • GMRS Callsign:WQUX489

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hi JohnE

Your photo of the TNB was cool.

I live close by and am new to GMRS.  Also want to get Tech License . Do you know of any local Ham Club in the part of the Empire State?

Bud

#23 SteveC7010

SteveC7010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNorthville, NY in the southern Adirondacks!
  • GMRS Callsign:WQPG808
  • Ham Callsign:KD2IAT

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

I live close by and am new to GMRS. Also want to get Tech License . Do you know of any local Ham Club in the part of the Empire State?

What part of the state? The club here in Fulton County tests every month.

Rochester-Monroe County E911 1976 to 2003 - Dispatcher II #7010
Northampton Ambulance - Unit 2829

Tactical Call Sign: Spider Man

#24 Corey

Corey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • GMRS Callsign:WQVA593
  • Ham Callsign:KD9HCW

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

That brings up a point -

Does anyone reading this thread have a Home Owner's Association or any local government regulations concerning towers and antennas?  I was given some info recently that "The Villages" in Florida is so restrictive on yard based extras that you have to get permission to paint your mailbox.

It would be interesting to see which forum member residential areas have NON-FCC and NON-FAA restrictions. 

[If there are significant replies, I'll move everything into a separate discussion.]

Thanks...

I know all to well about HOA restrictions, we cant even put a dish up.  I own a condo and bought on the second floor just to have access to the attic. I have My DB404-B UHF, TRAM 1487 VHF and a wide band scanner antenna feeding 4 scanners all tucked in the attic. I got a little crazy and ran 1/2 had line to them to reduce any interference. I am super happy with the performance of all 3, UHF i can work repeaters 50 miles away, VHF covers the entire city on MURS and my scanner covers 2 states. Don't let the HOA stop you i didn't!!

cable.jpg

Just My $.02

Corey

Midwest GMRS

https://mwgmrs.com

#25 Logan5

Logan5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida
  • GMRS Callsign:WQQT630
  • Ham Callsign:KK4PRC

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

I am happy to live in a voluntary HOA, We still employed an attorney for out 55' tower install. Turns out federal law protects any one that lives in an HOA,  Access to effective communications is protected by the FCC. You can not be forced to buy cable if you wish to access satellite TV signals or use an old timer TV antenna. A reasonable accommodation must be made.  Federal law protects standard TV antennas, Radio FM antennas, HAM radio and 2way radio antennas. as well as satellite antennas. As I read the law, some HOA's have offered your choice over per-existing coax to prevent members from installing said antennas. The last condo I lived in, offered, MAST TV, direct and dish as well as ATT u-verse. I still installed my UHF yagi on a cinder-block on my balcony for my radio. Many property managers are not aware of these laws and even when they are, they lie and tell home owners that it does not apply to them because they signed the contract. That is totally false.

• Sasquatch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users