Guest Brooklyn

KCT-19, Accessory Plug Pinout:

Pin 1- External mic hook input or system busy output **
Pin 2- Mic Ground or Speaker audio mute **
Pin 3- Ignition Sense input
Pin 4- Receiver Detector output
Pin 5- External Mic input or Transmitter Sense out **
Pin 6- Ground
Pin 7- Switched battery + (13.6 volts, 0.75A max)
Pin 8- External PTT
Pin 9- Data Modulation Input
Pin 10- Horn alert
Pin 11- Squelch Detect output
Pin 12- Speaker Audio output
Pin 13- Link Complete pulse output or Speaker mute input **
Pin 14- Serial Control data input or Mic Mute input **
Pin 15- Serial Control data output or
Data Control channel signal input or
Link complete pulse output or
Transmitter Sense output or
Foot Switch input **
**(all dependent on jumpers or programming)

Try hooking +12 Volts to pin 3.

The issue was the ignition sense. I was able to turn on both radios by applying power to pin 3 but now I’m struggling to figure out how to disable this function. Manual tells me to open up the radio to fiddle with resistors but is there a more easier way like through the KPG49D software or on front panel? It appears the radio is preprogramed and I hope it’s not locked to make changes.

0-E28015-C-A858-441-B-BCD8-4-B8-AC3-E7-A

I tried disabling ignition sense from KPG49D but could not find the option in Optional Features.

I tried writing new frequencies to radio and they seem to write to the radio but this error message was popping up. Is this compatibility issue a problem or not relevant?

CA71-E2-FF-6-F50-4-F4-F-80-B9-AF5-A1-BDF

E0786-D5-C-FAF4-4887-8-E64-FECA505927-AA

Radio still responds to KPG49 program as I was able to change key assignments. I assume ignition sense control is only available for version 2 of this model. So I just have to live with having a 2nd + wire going to accessory pin. I spliced a 2nd + wire from the main power coming from supply and added a paperclip to plug into the pin. Is ground wire into the accessory pin also important or it’s safe without a ground wire?

I’ll start a new topic to get help with properly programming this radio as I familiarize myself with KGP49 and the manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Radio still responds to KPG49 program as I was able to change key assignments. I assume ignition sense control is only available for version 2 of this model. So I just have to live with having a 2nd + wire going to accessory pin. I spliced a 2nd + wire from the main power coming from supply and added a paperclip to plug into the pin. Is ground wire into the accessory pin also important or it’s safe without a ground wire?

I’ll start a new topic to get help with properly programming this radio as I familiarize myself with KGP49 and the manual.

I'll be completely honest, I didn't read all of the posts above... :)  But I recommend you make a connector that plugs into the accessory connector which jumpers 12V to Pin 3 so it will work. You might have to hunt around to find the exact part you need, but you should be able to get it from an electronics supplier online like Mouser or Digi-Key. Then you don't have a paper clip shoved in there which could pop out or worse, jumper the wrong pins and cause a short.