Right under our own nose...

berkinet

...Still need the FAQ list on acronyms..lol.  Did I read something about "CQ"...

Heaven, and the powers of the universe, tend to help those who help themselves. This is a corollary to "google is your friend."

With a few keystrokes I found

https://www.dxing.com/radterms.htm  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CQ_(call)

Note CQ is not generally used on GMRS. Though, there is no legal reason you couldn't use it, other than most people listening would think you were daft.

Nice! I just ordered one myself along with the extended battery. I wonder if that case will fit with the extended battery on?? Also, the extended battery has to be removed from the radio for charging from what I’ve read.

Guess I'll find out about the fit.  Might should have gotten the AA Battery case instead.  Either way, minor details.

Heaven, and the powers of the universe, tend to help those who help themselves. This is a corollary to "google is your friend."

With a few keystrokes I found

https://www.dxing.com/radterms.htm  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CQ_(call)

Note CQ is not generally used on GMRS. Though, there is no legal reason you couldn't use it, other than most people listening would think you were daft.

Point taken but after many keystrokes I found nothing like that.

Thanks.

Yup, the radio fits the case with big battery.  Also fit the charger.. wahoo!  Both batteries had full charge on arrival.

Bad new is (yes, I searched before making this post B) ): 

I've been unable to get a good Connection from laptop - transceiver.

Have installed/uninstalled Drivers and Programming software a couple times.. always same result.  And first thing I did is print the instructions from the CD, followed to the letter.  Windows 7 - 64 bit.  Yup installing the correct Driver and SW.

Com Port changes with every install.  Started showing COM4 and COM6 available and in the Devices it shows as on COM6 so that's what I select in the Program. Last attempt was COM7.

When I select Read Radio it only moves the progress bar a couple lines, although a couple times it made it 1/4 of the way across the screen, I was all excited, (so it is trying and is seeing the driver in Devices) but always comes up with Failed Connection.

Guess I'll be on the phone with the vendor in the morning and hope they can point out something simple/stupid I'm doing or not.  Ah, like, there are 3 USB ports on my laptop, same result from all.  Could it be as simple as the wrong USB?  Black on black print, can't read the dang thing.

Maybe one of you brainiacs can point to something obvious to all except me.  Definitely don't spend any time on me; like I said, I'll call BTWR in the morning.. nice that they're EST and I'm PST - I can get after it early.

From what I can see there is not a way to input Duplex frequencies from the display.  Written instructions could be better, not much detail..  But that's a secondary issue; if I get the software working I'll do that all from there.

The 805 did talk to my old Midland X-511 in the house so there's hope.

Thanks for listening to the rant.

Yep, I got my extended battery today and I’m glad it fits on the radio while charging. I figured it would because of the size of the chargers opening/slot. They case fits too. But it’s right!! Hoping that leather stretches a little bit.

As far as the cable goes. I’m not sure. Which one did you buy? From BTWR? I bought mine from this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programming-Cable-Baofeng-TYT-Wouxun-Chinese-HT-All-Window-versions-PC03p/153080854606?pageci=ac220fbc-d53f-4647-9549-9ae5f6dabe36&epid=17034686501

Good stuff. Didn’t have to instal anything. It was literally plug-n-play. Genuine Prolific chipset. Windows automatically installs in seconds. Maybe your cable is bad?

This cable from BTWR:  https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-pco-001.html

And this case: https://www.buytwowayradios.com/xlt-cs200g.html

Didn't see the leather one until I'd ordered this one.

And just to be sure, that linked ebay cable was for your 805, right?  You're kidding?  No software to install, no disc, no driver install.. just plug 'n play.  Ah, man!   :huh:

Thanks.

Oh!! Yeah, I saw those cases. I may try that one as well.

Yeah, mine is: https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-wlc-kg-uvd1p.html

Yes, that cable in the link works flawlessly with my 805.

I read a while back that you want to avoid cables that include a CD. Since genuine Prolific and FTDI cables will poll the computer for a universally provided driver (updated) from Windows and install it automatically. So far I’ve seen evidence of that.

Yep. Just set the radio so it displays the frequency and then go to the repeater channel of the desired frequency and then set the input tone. Confirm by pressing PTT and stand by for repeater acknowledgment via CW. Then you know you programmed it right. Then call out and see if someone replies. Yeah the manual doesn’t explain it. Only the menu functions.

Yep. Just set the radio so it displays the frequency and then go to the repeater channel of the desired frequency and then set the input tone. Confirm by pressing PTT and stand by for repeater acknowledgment via CW. Then you know you programmed it right. Then call out and see if someone replies. Yeah the manual doesn’t explain it. Only the menu functions.

I might have it..

Ch. 15 - 22 are repeater channels so find those, display the frequency (462.xxx) then program the CTTSS frequency for each repeater freq. I want to use (TX or RX or both?). 

If I use 141.3 for both TX/RX and the repeater only asks for Tone In is it incorrect to have both inserted?  Any affect? 

The radio already has the correct +5Mhz built in?

I thought I had my local repeater programmed in but nothing happened to tell me it was active or hearing me.  I might have heard a delayed 'kerchunk'.

Is the CW an audible tone to signal contact?

Maybe the admins will run us off to PM.  Or, maybe this will help the next noobie.  But yes, I've gone through the manual again and will start fresh tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch!

Yep, that’s correct. The offset is already programmed in the repeater channels. All you have to do is input the TX tone. I wouldn’t put a RX one in yet. Once you confirm. Then you can add RX. I never use RX tones. Well, I haven’t had to yet at least.

Also, if you’re inside your house. Try it outside too. Just to see. Luckily I can hit most of mine in the area from inside my place. Even standing next to windows works wonders.

No problem at all. Glad to help.

And that tone should answer when I key up the repeater?  I hear Morse code on both local repeaters every hour or so.

Asked the owner but all the told me is standard offset and TX tone settings on the HT.

Add:  Owner tells me he has not CW on his equipment yet but I might here squelch tail (I did but only once).  Just dead air out here I guess.

Yeah, had it on non-repeater channels.  Guy I talked with from the store parking lot told me I was hitting him on simplex, not repeaters. Nothing I saw in the book to clarify 23 - 30.  Once I moved over to there, after finding the +- on the screen for those channels it was rock 'n roll.  Hit both local repeaters from about 6 miles and talked with the owner of one.  As usual, something simple..d'oh.

Nice! That’s great. Yeah, liking the higher capacity battery and this case has stretched well and fits like a glove now makes it a little bulkier but in a good grippy way. Now on to find a even higher gain antenna. Well maybe, the stock antenna performs quite well. Hmm..