Kenwood TK-8160K

ad1994

25 Watts, 128 Channels. It is the little brother of the TK-8180K. These are very decent radios.  I like the front firing speaker, so you can mount it in the dash of a car in a DIN radio slot or cubby-box hole.

Looks like you got a nice Innovative Circuit Technology power supply with yours. That'll make a nice base station.

Mics, mic cables, and programming cables are all readily available on eBay. Software can be found... ask around here... someone might send you a PM with info.

It'll be a real fine GMRS rig.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the correct software for 8180K?  

I have a TK-880 and would like my second radio to use the same cable and software.

Thanks.

The 7180, 7280, 8180, and 8280 use KPG-89D software.  The 780 and 880 use KPG-49D.  I'm not sure which software the 8160 uses.

The cable will be the same.

The 7180, 7280, 8180, and 8280 use KPG-89D software.  The 780 and 880 use KPG-49D.  I'm not sure which software the 8160 uses.

The cable will be the same.

Since software is generally free...

It's good to know the programming cable is the same.  Don't know if or which 2nd radio I might get but good to know in advance what's compatible.

Thanks.