Tones

scubadude85

Question

I have spent the last 8hrs going through the forums but can not find an answer. I am looking for info on DPL. There a repeater near me, he has it set up in DPL. I do not have any radios that has DPL on it. Will DPL 654 equal anything into hZ that I can program? All the radios I have can be programmed for c-tones in hZ

6 answers to this question

most radios have both CTCSS and DCS, The DCS codes normally start with a D (D223N, D223I, or D223) while CTCSS codes are just a number (127.3.) With DCS it is important to observe if the code is inverted or not. This can usually be found on the last digit of the code. D223N and D223_ are the same while D223I is inverted. Check with your radios settings or post the model here and we may be able to help you find the setting you need.

This may be another case of the gentleman not realizing that DCS, DPL, DCSS, DQC, DTG, DCG, DTS, "Digital Tone" ...and many others, are all one and the same thing under different brand names.

Also, with that Cobra, you will only be listening to that repeater anyway, as those are not repeater transmit capable.  To listen to the repeater, you don't need any code at all... just shut off the CS/DCS function.  If you want to listen with DCS, then use the Cobra's built-in code scan function.