• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fremont

fremont

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

Looking at the Otto speaker mics for my BTech handheld GMRS-V1.  Their website showed a lot of options, and I didn't see a way to filter by manufacturer.

Anyone have an Otto that they have for their GMRS-V1 and like?

#2 Jones

Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYM541
  • Ham Callsign:KB0HAW

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:24 PM

BTech- Baofeng uses the same "2-pin" speaker-mic plug as most Kenwood handhelds.  I have never used Otto mics, because I just hate speaker-mics in general, but Otto seems to specialize in them, so they should know which connector you need.   I would guess that all of their mics would be available with different plugs for many models of radios.

#3 Ccleveland1226

Ccleveland1226

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:Wrfw368

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:23 AM

I bought the dual ptt baofeng speaker mic model qhm22d, it works really well and only around $23. Only thing is, unlike the uv82 the 2 ptt buttons aren't next to each other. The ptt1 is on the top of the speaker mic and ptt2 is on the side, so I use the 2nd/bottom station on the uv82 as primary. Baofeng also has a single ptt speaker mic model qhm22 that is the same price but I haven't tried one of those.

#4 fremont

fremont

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

Part # for Otto NC-1 S/M (non-waterproof) is reportedly E2-RE2KA5111 (Kenwood 2.5/3.5mm style).  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users