Digital ID???

DGM2020

Question

I am new to the world of GMRS, have recently purchased a license and a couple radios. I do not know anyone in my area who can help me out and feel stuck. I programed my Baofeng after watching a Youtube video and cannot seem to transmit. The parrot channel doesnt work. I think I may need a digital ID, but frankly don't know what I am doing. Can someone steer me in the right direction so I can join the community? 

6 answers to this question

I like MDC1200 in my GM300's... :lol:

I've been using Fleetsync (most of our radios are kenwoods) for ID and messaging. Not a bad system though its nothing like digital for work. there we can privatly page and voice to an individual radio without disturbing others on the channel. Would be interesting if deployed for GMRS, however I believe the FCC would have to specify which digital standard they will allow and type accept more radios to be used on GMRS with that standard.

I've been using Fleetsync (most of our radios are kenwoods) for ID and messaging. Not a bad system though its nothing like digital for work. there we can privatly page and voice to an individual radio without disturbing others on the channel. Would be interesting if deployed for GMRS, however I believe the FCC would have to specify which digital standard they will allow and type accept more radios to be used on GMRS with that standard.

Those Fleetsync have its own distinct sound one of the reason I'm adding kenwood into my radio collection, my F621TR has a roger beep which I enable just for fun!... :D

Those Fleetsync have its own distinct sound one of the reason I'm adding kenwood into my radio collection, my F621TR has a roger beep which I enable just for fun!... :D

We use fleetsync at the beginning of transmit. This allows us to ID the radio at each key-up. We can also direct page a particular radio (though all radios will here it unlike DMR) to get the attention of the assigned user and using the status codes we can also send basic text. There is a way to send advance texts however that requires computer set-ups and not really useful for the GMRS community.