New GMRS operator wanting to setup repeater

paulmont15

I just got my license a few days ago and I'm looking to setup a repeater for my area as I haven't found any local ones yet. I'm currently still using a HT as my mobile and antennas haven't come in yet. I'm looking to put up a 50-75ft tower as that's the highest I'll probably be able to go being in the runway path of the local airport(still have to do some checking with local airport, and appropriate authorities). I plan on using a repeater consisting of 2 M1225's with a tuned duplexer and ID-O-Matic.

With that being said can anyone shed some light as to whether my methodology is correct or if there's things I should change. Will mostly be for me and family but will open it for other GMRS users within range. Also if anyone knows of repeaters within range of my location I would welcome that info.

Also looking to see if anyone on here lives near my area and would be interested in the project. Milan, IL (61264)

Thnaks for your input and help in advance and I look forward to hopefully keying up with some of you in the future.

WRJZ250 (Paul)