Nevada - Las Vegas area repeaters (GMRS)

CCT001

Hello everyone,

I was fortunate to come across this site, it's been very helpful! I'm new to GMRS, but am fairly proficient in radio communications (military). Since getting my setup (Midland MXT400) I've had no trouble getting comms on some of the repeaters around town (and Potosi), and also run simplex with a few of my buddies in the area.

I've heard some references made to a local repeater that is able to provide coverage for Mt. Charleston area. I have not been able to find any info so far. I have a family member that lives at 8,500 feet on the Lee Canyon side. It would be great to get him set up and have a way to communicate, especially in an emergency. He has no cell service, no landline, and satellite internet can be unreliable at times.

If anyone woulld be kind enough to share your local area knowledge I would greatly appreciate it!

WRKM230

I did, and a few other databases too but no luck. I love the repeater map on here though - very useful! I'm doubting any of the ones listed here would reach (due to terrain) the location in question.

I'll also try asking around with on the radio with some of the callsigns that I'm beginning to recognize. Seems to be a fairly small group that is active on the GMRS repeaters in Vegas area. Most of them seem to be Ham operators too (which I would like to get into as well).

Cheers!

I did, and a few other databases too but no luck. I love the repeater map on here though - very useful! I'm doubting any of the ones listed here would reach (due to terrain) the location in question.

I'll also try asking around with on the radio with some of the callsigns that I'm beginning to recognize. Seems to be a fairly small group that is active on the GMRS repeaters in Vegas area. Most of them seem to be Ham operators too (which I would like to get into as well).

Cheers!

650 in Pahrump is listed and 725 "Central Pahrump" and 575 Angel Peak in Vegas are on the map but you need to select "Show Outdated Listings" at the top of the MyGMRS Map.   Maybe you knew all this. 

Checking out Bing Maps it looks like Lee Canyon is on the north side and if his place is not elevated he might be SOL.  From on top of the area he'd probably hit both Pahrump and Angel.  Might be worth a shot to take a drive up and find spots the repeaters will work.

I've never been there so just spit-balling using maps.

Good luck

I didn't know about the "show outdated listings". Very helpful. I'd heard Angel peak referenced but hadn't found the info yet. You are correct he's on the north side and might be in a bit of a shadow even though he's at 8500ft. I'm going to get on Angel Peak and test with him today.

Thanks so much!

WRKM230