MXT-275 Volume Question

Rob

Question

5 answers to this question

I purchased a MXT-275 and noticed that the volume only goes down to 1. Not sure if its a Midland thing, but it seems that the radio should be able to mute. Anyone else notice this? 

As if the volume were turned off?  Humm...  The only option I see is to select a speaker location w/o a speaker maybe?  

Because the Volume button is a selector for many functions of the radio I guess they don't want you to be able to mute the sound and forget the unit is actually ON?

PWR switch will be your friend then...

The bigger issue I find with the MXT275 is it can't be set to turn on and off with the ignition. Seems like a pretty basic thing to me. I already have my second KG-1000 sitting here and plan to unload my Midland when I get it installed.

It would depend on the specific circuit you wire into for the power. Going straight to the battery for ground and power you'll always to watch the radio when you shut down the engine or it will drain the battery.  Page 8 explains how to hook it up.

From the Owners Manual:

NOTE:
The fuse block is usually the most convenient connection point. The power cord positive lead can also be connected to the accessory terminal on the fuse block or ignition switch, so the radio automatically turns off when the ignition is turned off.

It would depend on the specific circuit you wire into for the power. Going straight to the battery for ground and power you'll always to watch the radio when you shut down the engine or it will drain the battery. Page 8 explains how to hook it up.

From the Owners Manual:

NOTE:

The fuse block is usually the most convenient connection point. The power cord positive lead can also be connected to the accessory terminal on the fuse block or ignition switch, so the radio automatically turns off when the ignition is turned off.

No, I get that. I'm saying I want it to turn itself on when I turn on the Jeep. I understand what happens if I wire it to the battery and leave it on for days without driving it (which I frequently do). I jump in it and go to work without remembering to turn it on a lot, and the kids are disappointed when they can't talk to me on the way because I forgot.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk